Sorry for no articles today, was working on some Czechoslovak tech tree materials. Check out Listy’s Unexpected Tanks article – pretty interesting! - when World of Tanks were created, BigWorld was the only way to go, it was the only engine available with suitable networking part - the Flash in World of Tanks is used in the form of something called “Scaleform” (SS: sorry no idea what that means) - IS-7 and E-50 won’t be buffed soon - RU251 and new US light tanks? “Medium KTTS” (SS: as in “when it’s done it’s done, it has medium priority” – that means anything between 3 and 6 months from now I’d say) - in World of Tanks, shadows reduce FPS by a lot, because there are some other features connected to shadow settings, for example HBAO (SS: no idea what that means either) - in 9.1 it will be the second time shooting sounds will get reworked - Kharkov map is “cool” - Q: “How come Wargaming promised multiturret mechanism and War Thunder now implemented it and WG hasn’t?” A: “We’ll have to promise more pointless and useless stuff so War Thunder gets that implemented.” - Storm supports the solution to remove KV-1S top 122mm gun - currently, there is some bugged graphic setting, that messes up the dynamic suspension, developers will look into it - penetration mechanism of spaced armor and commander’s copula won’t be reworked. A player suggested that a commander’s copula hit (and penetration) would work like critting a gun: destroyed module (in this case, dead commander), but no damage done to the tank. Storm answered that such a mechanism would only increase the amount of misunderstandings by players as to why there was a hit for 0 damage (“I penetrated the copula, why didn’t I damage him?”)

More...