Hello everyone, an interesting thread came up on EU forums and it might theoretically help some of you to increase FPS/reduce lags. EU player Lord_Percy_Percy (why do I have the feeling it’s some sort of Blackadder reference?) made a log of the network, CPU and hard drive activity during his lags on his computer (dual core i5 pc with 4GB RAM) using Sysinternals Process Explorer. He writes about it (edited the typos): The game froze on the large single spike and the sequence of six. Notice the massive increase in IO and processor power. And what was going on when this happened? A child process of wot.exe called AWESOMIUM.EXE fired up and hogged the resources. Note the reduction in processing power when I quit the game to check the systems resources log. Interesting, is it not? It seems to support the theory some people were posting and which I said before – “Awesomium” can screw up you running World of Tanks (further hint at that direction is the information from one of the WG EU staffmembers, who allegedly wants to include this in his report for Minsk). For those who don’t know – Awesomium a browser interface, used in World of Tanks to display certain tooltips and such – whether that’s the only thing it is used for, god knows. Fortunately, it can also be safely deleted or moved – go to your World of Tanks folder and in sub-folder /res/, you will find the “Awesomium” directory. Move it somewhere else or delete it, the game will still run without it (I did it myself). I suggest you keep the folder stored somewhere else however, as the patch system (launcher) could (when a new patch comes) detect its absence as compromised client integrity and start downloading the client over again, which is probably not something you want.

More...