Hello everyone, okay, here’s something from the Russian server – new Wargaming cartoon about… uh British unorthodox (read: Home Guard) anti-tank tactics, called “anti-tank hammer”. I will comment after the video, keep in mind however that this is an OFFICIAL video, made by Wargaming and posted on their channel. It’s obviously in Russian and only in Russian, but I think the pictures themselves speak volumes. * * So, uh…. am I the only one who doesn’t find this even remotely funny? The video is based on one of the emeregency Home Guard tactics, that was planned – the Home Guard members were to rush the tank and basically jam its tracks and hatches with crowbars and hammers, while trying to knock the tank out with pouring gasoline on it (in the engine compartment etc.) and setting it on fire I get the “fun factor” in that from today’s point of view and noone even back then considered this viable, it was pure desperation, because at that point Britain (with a handful of foreign pilots helping) basically stood alone against the entire nazi-controlled Europe. So I guess in next part, we can expect a Russian stereotype drunk muzhik hugging Hitler? Yep, that sounds better – not sure the Putin censorship would allow that though.

More...