Thanks to Dejv for this one. When it comes to World of Tanks, there is not a whole lot that would surprise me. Or make me smile in amusement, because I have this stupid feeling that I’ve just seen it all. Yet, from time to time, there are things that prove me wrong. This is one of them. Ever heard of powerlevelling services? I assume that you did, if you ever played other MMO’s, such as World of Warcraft. But, just to make sure, here’s what it actually is: “powerlevelling” is usually a service, where you pay another person to play your game account for you in order to reach some goal (for example level up, or, in WoT, unlocking a branch, getting certain amount of credits and so on). In order to do that, that person needs access to your account, so you can imagine how giving anyone your username (e-mail) and password is NOT a good idea – don’t EVER try it, 99,9 percent of such offers are scams. As a part of such service, the site usually also sells “high level accounts” – you can imagine how are they getting them. But, back to our surprising case. There is this site, called http://wot-leveling.com/. It’s oriented on Russian server, so I won’t be doing them any favours by disclosing their existence to predominantly EU and US server readers. The site, when you look at it, looks fairly good, professional even – it’s up to date, has references and the usual internet crap. Again, just to be sure – do NOT ever use such services, you’ve been warned, if you do anyway and lose your account, you deserve it. If you think powerlevelling is innocent and does nothing to harm other players, think again. Those aren’t unicums driving around grinding credits, those are (in best case) “10k battles 40 winrate” players we all love, in worst case bots (even IF the powerlevelling service is not an outright scam, nothing stops them from employing bots and if your account gets banned, yea, tough luck). Anyway, this is not why I am writing this. This site offers one special service, that actually made me giggle: Platoon with a Girl You pay 600 rubles (cca 12 Euro) to play 10 battles with a girl as your platoon mate, or 1000 rubles (21 Euro) for two girl platoon members (for 10 battles). Chatting with them is included :D The service provider claims that the following is a part of the service: - communicating with the girl or girls - learning to improve your skills - improvement of tactical thinking - getting the info on various tricks on various maps - fine details of strategy and game mechanisms - improvement of the game winrate I mean…. wow. At first I actually laughed a lot. Then I facepalmed, thinking something like… And then I realized this is actually fucking genius! Do you know how many desperate neckbeards or horny kids with dad’s credit cards are playing? Or just statwankers, who would try to make an impression on the girls with a few virtual numbers? This is probably the best business idea related to WoT I’ve ever seen. And it’s not even illegal. Not this part anyway. Unless it’s a scam too. But seriously, if this was actually a real service, some gamer girls could make a shitload of cash on something like that on EU and US servers as well. Just, you know… webcam, playing in bra or something – the usual Twitch stuff, with a video recording of them playing with the player and talking to him so the player can replay the… ehm… “technical advice they give him”… :D Either way, this is just hilarious :)

More...