This is a post about some technical matters with FTR itself. One: In recent days (weeks), I’ve recieved numerous complaints from people, who tried to register on FTR and never recieved their confirmation e-mail with a password back. This issue should now be fixed (it was a problem with the mailing system). In case it is not (I have seen several cases where FTR mail goes to spam folder), try logging on using social login Two: Recently, I have recieved several articles from various players – articles, that they want to have published in FTR. When you want something published, guys, a couple of points you should pay attention to: - please, please, please, pleeeeeeaaaaase, proofread it. The amount of typos in some submissions was such that it was practically unreadable. - I completely understand that English is not the first language for some people, but the cold hard truth is, if you barely speak English, or simply use google translator to translate what you wanted to write in English in such a way that to make the article worth anything, I would practically have to rewrite it from scratch… no, sorry, I can correct a typo here and there, but not rewrite the entire thing - last but not least, check your sources. I recently had to scratch a relatively nice post by one player about French tanks, simply because at several points, he wrote obvious nonsense. Since the post contained also new info (to me), how can I be sure that the info I didn’t know about is true in such a case? The points above I wrote not because I want to be harsh, but to save your time and mine. Three: Last but not least, I recently recieved several e-mails, asking me to get rid of certain FTR posters (hi, Medjed) just because they are rude and abrasive. To be absolutely clear: such behavior is NOT a reason for a ban. I am generally trying to promote free speech environment here. Pretty much only following cases are the reason you get banned: - blatant spamming of nonsense (“ASDLHSKLFHSDLFNHM”) - nazi/communist crap - extreme case of rudeness (“OMG go die in fire get cancer u fucking jew nigger polak” – yes, someone actually tried posting that) - and of course, anything that would get you arrested in real life (death threats etc.), but I haven’t had that here yet, at least not seriously I am happy that people, that would deserve a permanent ban are extremely rare, for the entire existence of FTR (almost a year now), it’s exactly 10 people. Don’t spoil it :P

More...