Hello everyone, yesterday, Polyarmus sent me an e-mail with an interesting question: how many potential tier 10 vehicles are there left to implement for already existing trees? That kinda gave me pause, because the more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that it’s probably not that many. Let’s have a look at the existing trees one by one. I ommitted the potential artillery class vehicles for obvious reasons. Special thanks to Dominatus, Vollketten, Anglomanii, CaptianNemo, Listy and Cannoneer for brainstorming ideas. Germany German tree is pretty much finished, the only thing that is missing from it are the historical Waffenträgers (on 38t suspension) and the Sturmtiger branch, with Sturmtiger of them all being probably the only viable tier 10 vehicle. Theoretically, another vehicle that could serve as tier 10 could be the Sturmpanzer Bär, but of the Waffenträgers, none really reach tier 10 potential. The only chance (for WT E-100 replacement) would really be the idea, that was mentioned some time ago – it’s possible Yuri Pasholok found some advanced Waffenträger Panther material in the German Bundesarchiv, but so far, he has not published anything of that sort. Medium German tanks are pretty much all implemented IIRC, unless you start dragging out really, really obscure stuff like VK2301 or VK2401, but noone really knows how they looked like. Oh yea and the really lowtier stuff (like NbFz, Grosstraktor) is still missing, but both were scheduled at some point. Oh yea, there is the outlandish Leopard proposal from Borgward, but from what I know, that is not even considered, it’s too “odd” for the game. Soviet Union Hard to say, but I think the Soviet tree is pretty much complete as well. What is missing is the third TD line, based around SU-100P, SU-152G and SU-152P. All of these are not exactly tier 10 stuff though, that role could theoretically be filled by the SU-152 “Taran”. In case you don’t know, Taran is the ultimate Soviet tank destroyer evolution, a huge massively powerful gun, but the chassis is reather thin. And yes, it is theoretically acceptable for WoT, I asked – but as you can imagine, a third branch of anything has really low priority for Wargaming. That’s pretty much all I can figure out – various advanced heavies such as the Object 277 or Object 430U have been rejected as too powerful for the game, even though they technically fit the timeline. As for the medium tanks, I cannot say. There might be some really obscure prototype out there I don’t know about that would fit, but what would lead to it? Nah, I think the medium line is pretty much finished. USA Well, what’s missing is a second (third, if you count the autoloader one) medium line with the T95 medium tank as its top. The T95 was a failed attempt to create new American medium tank. It had numerous versions (like a dozen) with numerous guns. Recently, the T95E6 was added into the game as some sort of clanwars reward and it will be awarded at some point. That is the version with the 120mm cannon (by far the most distinctive one). There were other versions, some with a 90mm smoothbore gun (not acceptable for WoT), some with what was basically the 90mm M48 Patton gun, or even the 105mm T140. Generally, there is nothing really distinctive about the non-120mm versions of the T95, they would probably behave roughly like the ingame M48, it’s a damn shame the 120mm version got “wasted” on clanwars. It can be expected that this alternative medium tank line will come eventually at some point, but given the fact the Americans already have two medium (well, one hybrid) lines and the… let’s say lower attractivity of the T95, I expect this to have very low priority. Oh yea, there was also a 120mm version of the T54 tank, but given the fact that the non-autoloaded T54 version would probably come on tier 9… hard to say. And then there are the Yoh tanks, those were also planned at some point a very, very long time ago. You can read about them here (Chieftain from US forums wrote a nice “Hatch” entry). This is some really obscure shit right there and not much is known about them. One of the designs could probably be a tier 10, at least it was planned as such. Forget about the T58 though, that’s not going to be implemented (too powerful). France Ah, sweet France. One of the most forgotten and unfinished trees in the game. Well, here it’s a bit more obvious as to what is missing. Two things: first, an alternative non-autoloader French medium line with AMX30 as its tier 10. AMX30 is pretty much a French version of the Leopard, built around the same principles with same basic characteristics. Second thing that is missing is an alternative French heavy line, that was promised a long, loooooong time ago. There was talk about it around Christmas 2012, with the following setup: This setup is now very obsolete (that much is confirmed). What should be a tier 10 French heavy tank though? Truth to be told, I don’t know. There were several AMX proposals, including a 70 ton heavy vehicle. Very little is known about the French postwar projects in general (for example, everyone knows Somua SM – its existence that is, but try finding anything about its gun, or armor – nothing, nada, not even in books). There was an idea of a second French tank destroyer line as well, but I know nothing about it. Great Britain Britain is a mess, as Listy likes to say. Basically, you have three possible candidates for tier 10 and all three will be implemented in time (or, at least I am fairly sure they will). First one is the Vickers MBT, which in its various forms is basically something like a British Leopard. Little to no armor, 105mm L7, decent mobility. I suspect that this vehicle will replace the blatantly unhistorical FV4202 on tier 10. Second candidate is (obviously) the Chieftain, specifially (most likely) the P6 prototype. The good news is that this specific vehicle was examined by Wargaming (or, rather, by player Xlucine, who is also the author of more precise measurements of the FV4202 armor) and it somewhat fits. Don’t expect miracles though, according to the measures, the armor is not too good, the mobility is likely poor, the main element is the deadly 120mm gun. The Chieftian is likely to replace the unhistorical FV215b (120) at some point. Third candidate for tier 10, that will most likely be also implemented, is Continue reading →

More...