Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: What happens to files if ADU is offline and the program is closed?

Question What happens to files if ADU is offline and the program is closed?

Hi,

I was wondering this for some time now. Since it's pretty regular these days, that ADU has problems connecting to the server (probably because of high popularity) there are many times when I play a few games and the files aren't uploaded to the server. As I don't like to keep ADU running all the time I tend to close it after finishing with playing WoT. I'm curious, can I close it although not all files where uploaded and does ADU make offline backups which will be uploaded the next time I start ADU or are the files lost?

And a suggestion that you could include this information in FAQ (and maybe add some more general information there - currently there's very little information in FAQ).

ADU has to be run while you are playing, that way it saves battle results to an offline cache. Otherwise these files can get lost (reconnect to server deletes them, this includes restarting WoT or switching to another server)

I know that. I'm asking what happens when I stop playing WoT and I close the game (ADU runs in the background the whole time I play) and ADU is offline still (didn't connect for whatever reason) and I then close ADU before it connects to the server to upload all the saved battle results? Will those saved battle results be uploaded the next time I start ADU (i.e. another day)?

If ADU operates in offline mode, battle results and dossier files are saved to a local cache.