Hello everyone, against my better judgement, I actually turned on the E3 stream for second time in the second day. Today (in the evening in Europe) is the last day of the show. So, the good news for codemongers is that the code/reward system in the stream got pretty much polished. You don’t have to repeat pointless phrases anymore, the questions are well announced, there is more time to do everything a lot of it is just automated, so that’s good. I actually like this code system, I am glad that WG guys learned. Bonus points for some genuinely funny comments from WG staff when releasing the rewards (“wow so reward very victory wow”) :) The stream content… well, let’s start with the good stuff. I caught one plugin from The_Chieftain, American military historian, who actually has been acting as an advisor to the creators of the upcoming war movie Fury. Here’s basically what he said: - movie is going to be no politics “5 guys in a tank trying to get through the war home” - real life – tanks were supporting element, that’s how the movie depicts it - movie will be realistic, so will be the tank issues in it - uniforms are very realistic - M4A2HVSS 76mm in the movie from Bovington (represents an M4A3 with 76mm) (standard post war tank of the US army, best of US Shermans, served in Korea) - there might be an event with a “Fury” M4 tank in the game The exclusive Fury footage can be found here. The rest of the stream however looked like one giant infomercial with Billy Mays. The speaker looked very professional, his talking was smooth. What disappointed me was the amount of pointless trailers repeated over and over instead of game footage. And when there was some game footage, it was either of some strange “tournament” between WG and Jinx guys (awkward gameplay), or streaming the play of the random guys, that came to try out World of Warplanes and stuff (eg. shooting rockets at enemy aircraft kilometers away). Not very entertaining. There was also some guy from US section, who had a really cool name (Caleb Fox, when I heard that, I was like damn, is that a real name or some sort of game character name? I usually forget names immediately, but this one is interesting) and he talked about how WG is turning towards e-sports, bla bla bla. Interesting was the point that it took a while to develop the 7/42 mode, because 15 vs 15 e-sports battles were considered too chaotic to watch for the viewers. Good point. Anyway, it kinda seemed to me that when you compare it with Gamescom, the stand was actually quite empty, seemed like very few people attended the show. I suspect we’ll see bigger things there (although, a Sherman that ran over a cab is pretty big). PS: For heavens sake, stop saying “we will dress you in SWAG”, what are you, 12? Real men don’t have swag, men have style (or class). Retarded word anyway. Oh yea and “selfie”, my god… *facepalms*

More...