It has been 2 years since World of Tanks went live on EU and NA servers on April 12, 2011
starting with 0.6.3.11 update.
Not going to do deep retrospective, no doubt that lots of things have been changed, improved, and added since then:
- ~3 times more tanks and maps (6.4 - 8.4)
- Multi-cluster support, camos, replays (7.0)
- French tanks (7.1)
- Economy overhaul (7.2)
- Encounter battles and Assault, transmission change for E-50 and E-75 (7.4)
- Tier 10 meds (7.5)
- New renderer, physics, emblems and inscriptions, horizontal tech tree (8.0) Well, 8.0 was a big hit :)
- British tree finally, prem shells for credits (8.1)
- Chinese tanks (8.3)
- Combat tutorial (8.4)
- Platoons of 3 and companies for standard account, prem consumables for credits (8.5)
And many more are planned for future.
What are you most memorable moments and personal milestones of World of Tanks? Let's recollect together.
What are the things that have kept you playing for so long (based on the current the majority are playing more than 1 year) and what are you looking forward to in future? Particular features, modes, content, overhaul of the game, etc?
PS: how do you like the specials, hangars, and other anniversary celebrations?