Hello everyone, an interesting thing happened – a post about how the matchmaking mechanism works was removed from the World of Tanks portal. The original address of the post no longer works, it displays 404 page missing error. It is quite unusual for a post to be purged this way, although the discussions actually remain. The google cache version however remains and so we can see, what was inside. At first glance, I can’t see anything really wrong with the picture. Sure, it doesn’t explain the process thoroughly and there are some ambiguous statements (the “extreme situations” happen during very low online number hours, like around 4-5AM, when the MM, having trouble setting battles up, can throw some of the rules out of the window), but overall there are no obvious mistakes I think. The part with the artillery however is a little bit off (unless it was changed), because there is also a rule that one team can’t have more artillery pieces than the other within certain tollerance in amount (I think it was actually one).

More...