Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: ADU delayed uploads

ADU delayed uploads

I recently discovered that ADU was the source of the vast majority of my in game lag spikes. Primarily, after I turned on replay uploads, but also to some extent with just battle result uploads turned on, and especially if ADU went offline for any length of time and then started uploading several results at the same time, I would get lag for anything up to several seconds.

For this reason I have had to stop running ADU for now, but I would like to know if it would be possible for ADU to store all the information it needs to collect, so that when I had finished playing, it could turn it on and it would upload all the data it had collect. I think to some extent ATS and BRR already do this, but I don't know how much or if this would also include results after switching servers or several separate game sessions.

If not, could I suggest that something like this be implemented, so that ADU would not have to be running in real time, but could still be a useful tool.

For this case, go to Offline Mode. In this mode ADU keeps all WoT files on a save place, but would not upload any file. If the time has come, press "Check and Upload" to have the queue uploaded to vBAddict.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Would it be possible to detect if a battle is running and disable upload temporarily? (or possibly just if client is running)
    I do manually offline but often don't remember to online it again and get really long backlog (especially if uploading replays).

That is technically not possible without creating a modification for WoT which tells ADU you are in Garage.