- developers are considering how to improve the tank movement in WoT, specifically “drifting”: “On one hand, it would widen the gameplay. On the other hand, you’d have to ‘fight your own tank’” - the hangar interface will get a new header - dynamic (reactive) armor will not be implemented Storm explains the new motion physics and how it will differ from the current motion physics – there are two variants of implementation, unlimited and limited. With the new motion system limited, it is not too different from current tank motion. But with unlimited historical motion physics: - there would be many, many drifts - turning of a tank would be more “sharp” and “twitchy” - a lot of “rocking” of the tank (when stopping, when accelerating, turning) - generally there would be a lower speed of moving due to the significant losses of speed when turning - the tank would rock a lot due to various obstacles on the ground - no instant stops As a result, it would be a lot harder to control the vehicle when going fast. However, there are advantages: - not getting stuck on slopes - no significant losses of speed or strong rocking on small obstacles - no losses of speed on sloped surfaces - beautiful switching of gears (in connection with new sound set) - the drifting, if you learn to do it, can be used for some cool stuff, like instant reverse turns and such (SS: oh now I SO want to try it!) Storm adds that the tank rocking is not so bad by itself, but it does mess up the aiming. - Q: “Storm, what about you and buying Crytek, are you considering it?” A: “I personally am definitely not considering it, I don’t have enough money.” - non-material barrels will not be changed - the dynamic suspension will appear only on HD reworked tanks - the current HD models in 9.2 were made by the same people as the earlier 9.0 HD models - Storm states that the “shiny” metallic tracks are historical (“tracks got worn out on metal”)

More...