The subject has come up quite*a few times over the past year or so, but nothing really tangible has surfaced so far.
One of the reasons for that is that it’s incredibly expensive to pull off; while many people have offered to pitch in with hardware and such, it’s not something I can really do because if that service ever gets built, I can’t rely on third party kindness to keep it running, in my opinion anyway.
I’ve considered crowdfunding it and actually turning it into a proper business venture, but the market is rather limited, because not many games actually offer replays, there’s Wargaming’s titles, and War Thunder – outside of that I can’t recall any game offering anything replay-like that allows you to upload a file and have it converted, so that idea is dangerous in the sense that it may not work out in the long run.
Then there was the idea of distributed conversion, where Joe Q. User can download an app that he/she can run and while their computer(s) are idle, it’d convert replays to videos. A fun idea, but how do you deal with various installed mods, levels of detail, and the fact that someone can just decide to terminate the process in the middle of a conversion, and so on, and so forth. It’s kind of a management headache right there.
Outside of those two options there’s not much else that can be done, because the logistics of it all don’t really lend themselves to anything else.
Your input would be more than welcome Comment here or in the appropriate forum threads