Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: I can't handle vbaddict

I can't handle vbaddict

I wanna see tank statistics, lets say E-25.
    I select a category like 'tier' but dont see parameters to choose the specific tank.
    Please excuse my greeness.

Can you please explain more?

As for winrate, you could use this one:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.p...won_lost_ratio

In the grid you can enter a search parameter like e 25

Make sure you are logged in, then:

step 1. click your name on the left side menu bar
    step 2. under your name click "tank statistics" (be careful there are two menus of the same name, one alone and one under your name once you drop it down in step 2)
    step 3. on the page that loads choose a category, for instance WN8 Efficiency
    step 4. on the page that loads, on the right side, you will see a search text box. Enter in the tank name.

As you type the tank name the list below it will auto populate based on what you type. the results will be based on WN8 since that is the category you selected.

**NOTE TO ADMIN**

I would be more than happy to create video tutorials for you, im a developer by trade, just let me know and i can forward them to you based on your request for each topic for your help section. professionally done of course. No charge, consider it my contribution to the project.
    Last edited by Flayologist.na; 2014-08-10 at 08:20.
    Flayologist
    Relic Armoured Officer

To be honest, I don't see a real benefit out of video tutorials. Probably a written tutorial would be much better.

There are several benefits to video over written tutorials. here are several.

1. written tutorials cannot be used by those who do not read the native language of the writer, thereby creating a need for written tutorials in dozens of languages.
    2. Written tutorials work best for those who learn by reading best. Where as the large share of people learn easier visually.
    3. It is easier to understand a process you have seen versus one which you have read, especially if your reading comprehension skills are average or below.
    4. written tutorials require both server storage space AND bandwidth to serve. Video tutorials on the other hand can be hosted on youtube, and embedded in your pages, using youtube bandwidth saves you money and resources.
    5. it requires less time to create a video tutorial of a process versus a written one.
    6. it is easier to copyright and protect video as those tools are built into the creation software, the same cannot be said of written work. Anyone can copy and paste it, change a few lines and use it on their own, not so for video.

These are but a few AND you have someone offering to do it for free. If your not keen to the idea though, i apologize and I'll mention it no further.

Sincerely,
    Flayologist
    Relic Armoured Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Flayologist.na View Post
    There are several benefits to video over written tutorials. here are several.
    1. written tutorials cannot be used by those who do not read the native language of the writer, thereby creating a need for written tutorials in dozens of languages.
    Same for video tutorial, spoken or written words need to be translated.... Its harder to do translation for videos.

2. Written tutorials work best for those who learn by reading best. Where as the large share of people learn easier visually.
    Probably. I would prefer a written tutorial with some nice pictures in it.

3. It is easier to understand a process you have seen versus one which you have read, especially if your reading comprehension skills are average or below.
    Point.

4. written tutorials require both server storage space AND bandwidth to serve. Video tutorials on the other hand can be hosted on youtube, and embedded in your pages, using youtube bandwidth saves you money and resources.
    Really, this is not an issue. I'm serving here gigs of stuff each day, so the just few kb's for an article are really not an issue.

5. it requires less time to create a video tutorial of a process versus a written one.
    Doubt that. For the video tutorial you need also some kind of preparation.

6. it is easier to copyright and protect video as those tools are built into the creation software, the same cannot be said of written work. Anyone can copy and paste it, change a few lines and use it on their own, not so for video.
    As the tutorial, written or video based, is only useable here on vBAddict, I don't have any issues with copy and paste.

These are but a few AND you have someone offering to do it for free. If your not keen to the idea though, i apologize and I'll mention it no further.

Sincerely,
    Some arguments against videos:
    - People (like me) prefer well written tutorial against videos
    - Bandwidth is a real issue coming to mobiles
    - Videos need earphones or a silent environment
    -

So you see, there are arguments pro and contra. If you like, you can create an video tutorial. If it's of good quality I can include that in the help section.