Hello everyone, so, the stream just ended and…. well, how did you like it? Personally, I was extremely disappointed by the format Wargaming chose this year. I mean, it was like a talk show. With very, very boring people. First there was the host (nice enough I guess) and QB (you all know what I think about him) and then the guests. The show was bland and relatively boring, instead of showing the vibrant atmosphere of the stand (well, maybe next time), they chose the environment of a closed room. The way I understand it, today, the event was semi-open (for journalists and VIP onlz) – why on earth is there a Veider Q&A in program (not transmitted!) for journalists only? That makes no sense. Then there was the strange competition program, that, if I understood correctly, kinda required you to have a Facebook account. Meh. Not that I don’t have it, but if you guys want to make a competition, can you make something that does involves neither spamming shit in chat nor social network or cellphone type access not everyone has? You know… like, on portal? The Turkish girl, Melly or whatever was the nickname was cute though, so kudos for that – why did she drag the weird artist guy in I have no idea, since WG art department is definitely NOT something I’d brag about if I was WG (see “mutated Conqueror” and “lol copyright” issues). The games discussed were: - WoT Blitz (pretty much nothing new, the woman developer or whoever that was looked a bit confused) - WoWp (stop trying to make WoWp happen, it’s not gonna happen) - WoWs (that’s more like it!) The WoT Blitz and WoWp parts sucked (little new info or stuff nobody cares about) – also, why the HELL do you, instead of proper game footage, show tired old (ancient in some cases) trailers over and over? Gosh. WoWs part comes at the end (the last 30 or so minutes of the stream, if the past broadcast ever appears) and is the most interesting part of the entire show (too bad you have to wait through the bland stuff to watch it!). The render of the water looks very nice, the amount of polygons on the ship however kinda surprised me. I mean, it’s cool to have good looking ships, but 20 times more polygons per ship than you have per HD tank? Damn, that’s going to need some serious hardware. Gameplay was not shown – only vaguely discussed, the interesting part is that the game should reach beta stage (currently it’s in alpha) in winter. So, what interests me now is – why is there no “regular” stream of the event like it was last year? It was really nice to chill by just opening the stream, letting it run, watching Imhotep play the crowd and the dancers of course :) Instead, we get several boring guys, ancient trailers and games either noone gives a shit about (okay, Blitz is popular, I give you that, but WoWp) or are still too secret to reveal anything serious (WoWs). Not cool. And why is there no stream tomorrow, when the content of the show is actually for public? Very disappointing. PS: I’d like to congratulate whoever came up with the !Type59 trolling, I haven’t seen such a well executed troll in very long time, the spam was exquisite! :)

More...