Hello everyone, I was wondering whether to make this post or not as a summary of the Gamescom stream and other things related to it, since it’s kinda all over now, no stream planned for today as far as I know. In any case, after sitting down in the evening and thinking about the entire thing this year, the word that comes to my mind is… “failure”. Well, at least to the 99,99 percent of players, who did actually not go to Gamescom in person, but were wondering, what it was all about. And it’s a pity – from what I heard, the booth was actually very cool. I am not quite sure what to write that was not already written – so I will just sum it up from the perspective of someone, who did not go there. What I liked They finally showed the World of Warships. Well, partially, it’s not like we saw anything much from it, just a few tidbits of information and some hangar footage (unless more was shown in the last stream, I did not watch that). That however means one thing: it’s open season on leaks and as I write this text, I am looking at leaked video from the alpha test. We’ll get rid of the annoying watermarks and post something later, but for now, let me tell you that it looks VERY promising. Me gusta! Unfortunately, that’s about the only thing I liked. What I did not like I mean, where do I even start. Whose brilliant idea was it to instead of showing the booth like last two years sit like four random people in front of camera, stroking each other’s… egos for like half of the stream? I mean, seriously, WHO CARES how some random WoT community nobody started with WoT? Well, at least there was a representative from the player base, Quickybaby, but… well, you know. The hot Turkish chick (Melly or something?), who handled the prizes seemed totally lost and awkward, she had random guy guests and there was some long-haired dude next to her, staring at her boobs on occasion. No idea who that was. There were guests as well, but why the HELL did we not see more of the WoWs stuff? Why was there practically no new info, when the entire expo was about unveiling new stuff? Why did they talk about WoT for Xbox a lot, when that’s aimed specifically at America and it would be much better to focus on it during E3 or something? And does anyone really seriously care about WoWp still? Stop trying to make it happen, it’s not gonna happen. There was Viktor Kislyi, but it was like 30 minutes of him talking about how he started doing WoT and all that, I mean – if you have a CEO of your company, you do not at least ask him to reveal his plans for the future or something? And so, instead of seeing what was allegedly a really awesome stage show and performance at WG booth, we saw a bunch of guys talking about nothing important. The entire failure was underlined by the fact that people spammed the chat so much with Type 59 begging (and, later, with the Alienware reference requests) that it had to be disabled during the entire stream. Oh yea, there was also that personal data fishing over Facebook via the Facebook application (“For a chance to win, you gotta pair your game account with your FB account basically while stating your birthday, where you live, your hobbies, sharing your friendslist etc.” – and no, I do not exaggerate). If you are masochist enough to want to watch all that again, Wargaming did put the past streams online. Real life event went somewhat better, although not as good as everyone imagined probably – Eikarrramba (three r’s!), a German community contributor, visited the Wargaming party/meeting-the-developers and wrote report about it. He was disappointed – the short version is that there was a huge queue (and WG people photographing it for promo shots, which pissed the players off), no bonus codes, only one 0,2liter drink was included (the rest was quite expensive), generally there was no program and music sucked. As a “bonus” (perhaps to tease us a bit), Wargaming did put the “Gamescom Q&A” on the portal, that was at best useless (bordering on retarded), at worst it contained mistakes (like the RU251). If you want to do somthing, do it right. To sum it up: it sucked, better luck next time. I think the viewer numbers reflected my opinion as well (a LOT lower than the E3 ones). No doubt they will tell us in the days ahead how totally awesome it was (yea, too bad we couldn’t see it) and how much positive feedback did they get regarding the stream… but then, it’s the same people telling us that WoWp is a successful game… PS: Oh yea, at the end of the last stream, one of the… guys (no idea who) allegedly said that Firefly will either be tier 6 or 7 (not decided) and it will come in 9.5. That date I have to confirm (it’s either 9.5 or 9.6), that part about the tiers is wrong, it’s tier 6 and it is decided. What is not decided is the fate of tier 8,9 and 10 of that branch, it’s possible they will not come (some developers feel that the last thing the game needs is another 183mm derp TD), but I have no exact info on that at this moment.

More...