Hello everyone, as you can see, we have a new design. Slightly. I am as surprised as you are, because it’s apparently a byproduct of WordPress updates, which in turn were necessary due to some security weaknesses. Oh well. - there are (vague, distant) plans to encourage and reward players for “tanking” (SS: soaking damage) - the changes, that happened in 9.2 to FV215b (183) – specifically a nerf due to the overuse of gold shells – do not automatically imply that the gold shell system is not balanced and needs a fix - your chance to be on the top of the team depends on the percentage (composition) of the tank tiers, present in the queue at that actual moment (SS: this is the reason why you can’t see tiers on the queue screen anymore, there was a mod that abused this, allowing you to have a significantly higher chance to end up as a top tank of the team) - a new game mode (SS: mode as in HB, team battles, etc.) for solo players (not requiring a team) playing high tiers will come soon (SS: likely a “garage battle” mode) Also, two interesting stories appeared on the Russian forums. I have no idea whether they are true or not, but they certainly are entertaining. One is that the gold ammo for credits came actually to be as a solution from the head of Zlobny (former chief balancer) for the issue, where noobs in light and medium tanks were not able to penetrate heavies from front, complained about it and then the statistics of the meds and lights were distorted. It backfired, but by the time the side effects became noticeable, it was already too late to disable the entire system. Second story was that Komarin came to be as a map, when Slava Makarov, one of the original WoT creators, drove a car and made a smoking stop near the village of Komarino, not realizing he parked on a swampy ground. The car got stuck and his phone was stuck inside the car as well. The map is based apparently on the landscape of the village, where he was waiting for WG staff to come pick him up. No idea whether they are true, but… I wouldn’t be surprised.

More...