Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

View Poll Results: How do you think about vBAddict Server Performance?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • A lot better

28 49.12%
  • Little better

13 22.81%
  • I don't see a difference

10 17.54%
  • Worse than before

1 1.75%
  • Don't know

5 8.77%

Thread: Performance with new Servers

Performance with new Servers

One month has passed since vBAddict has moved to a new shiny server environment.

Since then, I was able to increase the limits for deletion up to 90 days for replays.
    Backups can now be done without disturbing the uploads.
    No more offline mode on frequent hours.
    Technically, the load average in high frequent times could be lowered from ~6.0 to ~1.5, creating room for more active users.

Now it's time to see what you are thinking about, what your feeling is about.

Please comment if you have the feeling it's now worse than before.

I haven't used the site for long enough to really see a difference, but I'm happy to support you in your efforts, and signed up to make a repeating donation. It's not much, but I hope it helps.

Thanks, very appreciated!

one-time donation on its way.

Always seemed good to me anyway, but I don't use all the features too much. I do very much like the site and the product. I would donate to the program except I'm a little leery of the data Paypal wants.

Definately improved I've noticed that especially in busy times where I could not log on even by manually pressing connect button, now it just connects with no problem, great work one time donation for me.

Well, sorry, deeply sorry, but this is worst than ever...
    - connection going bad.
    - cache something not compatible.
    - unable to start default browser.
    - file missing ....

.... when in fact it is simply due to a bad connection ... ( well, here i huess, but i am pretty sure this is reel )

Thanks for your donations!

@stratege1401
    For your bad connection there is nothing I can do about. "Cache not compatible" is a result of not reaching the server.
    For all other issues please open a ticket at the Tracker (which you already did).
    Last edited by Phalynx.eu; 2014-09-04 at 11:45.

OK, i wish to correct my position on this subject.

- I did ask my ISP to change my WiFi routeur, saying a bullshit about frequent disconnection. Now, i got this brand new Netgear CBVG834G ... I notice two things. First, the firmware is different ( screen are the same, options are a little bit differents ), the big change is the modem standart to EuroDocsis 3.0 witch allow me now on a 200/10 connection. YES, Hybrid optical fiber !!!

NOW, no more bad connection, so i must apologiy .... my old modem/routeur was surely defect...

The "A lot better3 fits for me now !!!

Glad to hear it's working now

when i first downloaded the active dossier uploader i had bad internet connection and i took me a while to upload my replays. now i got a way better connection with 6mbit upload and at first i uploaded my replayes within seconds, but now the connectionspeed has gone down to ~32kb/s and it takes much longer to upload. don't know what the problem is