Source: http://lady.tut.by/news/divorce/413812.html Hello everyone, this little story comes from Belarus. Apparently, the “tanks game” (World of Tanks) caused their marriage to divorce. Apparently, a woman named “Ekaterina” (there is a photo too, but somehow, I don’t think it’s the woman the article is about) married a guy, they moved to a village and apart from some small issues, everything was just peachy, until the villainous husband started playing the evil addictive game World of Tanks! He started spending all his free time in the game and spent also quite a lot of money on it, came home at 15-16PM, started playing and played until midnight every day, even on weekends. He ignored the wife’s pleas to go out or even to have a walk, stating “it’s just a hobby”. He became cruel, aggressive, stopped paying attention to what he was doing and saying (at this point, the woman admits it might have been a little bit her fault, because she started screaming straight away). In the end, she got fed up with it and moved out. How terrible. To be quite honest, given the fact it comes from a “lady portal”, the stock nature of photos and everything, I think the story is made up, wouldn’t be the first time. One thing is however interesting about it – even IF it is made up, it shows that in Belarus (and I do believe this can be applied to Russia as well), WoT became such a cultural phenomenon that even woman magazines started to notice. That is not exactly easy to do – only a few games achieved such a status that even non-related media took notice – Counterstrike, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty (related to various controversies such as “No Russian”) and now, World of Tanks. Quite an achievement.

More...