Hello everyone, today, we are going to talk about the new Murovanka in 9.3. Until now, it was one of my favourite maps, mostly because of the magic forest camping (I love doing that from the south :D). You have already probably seen any number of videos previewing the map itself, so today, we are going to have a look at how the battle looks. I played several Murovanka battles on test server and I do think that now, Murovanka is much better than it was before. The forest now turned into a close range combat area, suitable for heavies, while the other side offers more flanking possibilities than before. I made a small video showing one such battle and… well, it’s really one of my first commentaries ever, so there is a lot of “uhmmm” and all that :) * * It’s obvious that the battle tactics are influenced heavily by the previous Murovanka iteration, but even for the future, I don’t think there will be much action going on in the middle – the feeling of “I’m in the open” is quite strong there (what would have helped I think was, if they made the central road inside a corridor, something along the lines of Severogorsk). Overall, it’s a really nice overhaul I think, with the forest giving off the “realistic” vibe, it looks quite cool. I like it.

More...