Hello everyone, recently, Wargaming started fighting specifically one odd thing: rigged games. In a post on Russian portal, WG RU explains, that “rigged games” are battles, the result of which is pre-determined by the agreement of both sides. They typically appear in clan and company mode, where the games are more organized than in “random”. Wargaming considers typical reason for rigging battles to be faster vehicle grind for one party, statpadding (SS: a term, which means artificial inflating of player statistics, so the player appears better than he is) or attempting to get a rare ingame medal. Rigged battles are considered to be “unsportsmanlike behavior” and are against the rules. Wargaming decided to crack down on the riggers and withing the space of one month, 5000 people on RU server were investigated and punished by a one month ban. It was confirmed that should the offense repeat itself (or, for second time offender), the ban gets to be permanent. Wargaming explains that this is just the first step in fighting the rigged battle phenomenon. The list of banned game riggers was openly published as well. In other news, it was confirmed that Wargaming indeed has an effective algorithm to fight bots. Here, a banned botter “tested” the infamous Tank Leader bot. After only 5 battles, he was banned – this time for 45 days. This is an authomated proccess, that was confirmed to work on RU server. The punishments seem to vary – and here’s how I know: me and a friend of mine ran a test on Russian server some time ago. He did set up an account with a Tank Leader bot. It was permabanned within a space of 1 day roughly. So, beware, botter – Wargaming is on to you! Well… okay, not always, he ran the same experiment on EU server and nothing happened…

More...