Hello everyone, I am sure many of you, dear readers, are participating in clanwars in one way or another and therefore are familiar with the current “Twilight of Gods” event. For those, who do not follow this stuff, the short version is that CW clans are competing for a special territory called “Valhalla”. You know, Ragnarok, norse mythos and all that. Anyway, this minicampaign seems to be plagued by various – if not fails, then at least very strange events. First and possibly the most visible is the fact that several clans got banned for game rigging. Make no mistake – the entire idea is good and in at least one case, the ban was completely justified. However, in other cases, it was likely not. The entire ban system works like this (as explained by Tuccy on the forums): - the system automatically detects rigged battle based on certain criteria (which are unknown, but likely involve battles of a full team versus incomplete team, 15:0 wins, one team not doing any damage and such) - clan leader and his deputies recieve a warning email, in which the support asks them to submit the replay of the suspicious battle - if they do not react on the email, they get banned - if they STILL don’t react on the email, the entire clan gets banned (this is the part when most of the clan detects something is kinda wrong, there apparently is also very little delay between the last two steps). Take a while to appreciate how stupid this can potentially get. I am sure that many people – me amongst them – registered their accounts on either dedicated e-mails (they don’t check) or old e-mails (they don’t use anymore). In which case, it is VERY easy not to notice the e-mail. Many WoT players (in fact, 95 percent or so) also never visit the forums, so PM is also not an option. The only way how to contact such people would be to whisper them in the game, which is possible, but also clumsy. And all that because apparently, WG Support can not pull data or a replay from that respective battle. Summary bans from WG of entire clans are quite a nasty way of dealing with the situation (especially when there is a time-sensitive event running for other players, who were not involved even if the cheating accusation was valid) – in my opinion, the responsibility should perhaps be limited to clan leadership, but that’s just me. In any case, Tuccy confirmed that this system was used in previous events, so it’s nothing new. In any case, there were two more problems I know of with the event: - a certain number of players (specifically, one Czech clan) reported that the map is not loading properly for them. The traditional support answer was to clear browser cache, which allegedly did not help. I do not know whether they reached any solution. - some (all?) players report the medal displaying properly Overall, it’s kinda strange system. But I hope that the rest of the minicampaign will be okay and fun for everyone.

More...