As some of you may have noticed, the site has gotten a bit slow recently, and takes a while to load anything. A little bit of poking at various bits and pieces has shown that it’s mainly the application itself that’s causing it, it seems to be taking a fair bit of time to handle a request, for whatever reason.
Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten much further in actually solving the problem. With 9.3 around the corner though, I am considering deploying ReplaysNG, but that isn’t quite ready yet either. Choices, choices…
One thing that I did find out is that the slowness issue is basically caused by more web traffic (well durr…), so that’s something!
And as a last but not least type thing, I’ve disabled advertising for the time being. Actually did that a while ago because I felt Google Ads were trying to be way too clever. Unfortunately there is no gaming related ad network that’ll take me on board, so I figured fuck it, too much effort to find something that matches the site, so might as well disable it. On that note, you can always support the site on Patreon*if you’re feeling generous!
I’ll post some more updates this week, with a bit of a roadmap for the near and far future.


More...