Hello everyone, I am sure all of you are aware of what’s going on in Ukraine. Well, at least in general terms, as the actual situation seems to be very… fluid. In any case, you are probably also aware that as a retribution for Russian aggression, the European Union and the USA imposed various trade restrictions on Russia, which were recently confirmed to be in further effect. As a part of the entire restriction, according to this Ukrainian article (and other sources), the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (the government) approved series of anti-Russian restrictions, which came into effect on 12.9.2014. These restrictions include several points, but one point in particular (which was highlighted by Yuri Pasholok on his blog) is very relevant to Wargaming operations: заборони передачі технологій, прав на об’єкти права інтелектуальної власності резидентам Російської Федерації та особам, які прямо чи опосередковано контролюються резидентами Російської Федерації або діють в їх інтересах. “The prohibition on the transfer of technologies and rights to intellectual property to residents of Russian Federation and to persons, directly or indirectly controlled by Russian Federation residents or acting on their behalf.” As you also probably know, the World of Warplanes studio is located in Kiev. So I have to wonder – will this influence the World of Warplanes development? Yuri Pasholok mentions “thousands of outsourcers, 3D-modellers and artists, who are not responsible for who took control of Ukraine”. On the other hand, he probably means other Ukrainian outsourcers, working for Russian companies directly. I asked the resident of Kiev, Edrard and his opinion is that this change should not affect the business with Wargaming, as it technically is a British company and Big Boss Victor Kislyi (company CEO) is Belarussian. So, let’s hope the politics don’t mess up “the favourite game of us all” :) Hmmm… I wonder if WoWp wins the Golden Donkey Joystick this year. If it does, well… I don’t have to finish that sentence, do I?

More...