Hello, everyone. Finnish player Kantti submitted this article for publishing and I find it very, very interesting. I think that the personal experience of a father of a WoT player, who is a player himself, is something that should be considered and… well, have a look at it. I am going to keep an eye on the discussion. Author: Kantti Hall of Shame tells it all. People really can’t stand players,who do not perform or who they don’t think will perform due low stats. More importantly, they don’t care about even the simplest rules of social interaction, when dealing with these players. For me, the enlightening moment was when I taught my now 7 years old kid to play on Christmas 2012 (the kid was 5,5 years then). I was ready to see how he wouldn’t perform at all and got all the rage from team players. Luckily, he couldn’t read at that point. But my surprise was quite… um…. big. I admit that the kid is skilled for his age, but still, then 5,5 year old attaining 49% WR in low tier games alone was quite surprising. Seemingly, going under 47% would take some conscious damaging of your teams efforts. It really puts into perspective how bad the worst players are. Just for curious people here to put things in perspective, here are my now 7 year old kid’s statistics. Note the amount of matches, his performance ain’t anymore due to statistical anomalies. Battles: 3320 WN8: 284 Win rate: 48,55 Avg. exp: 202 Max. exp: 1260 Average kills: 0,40 KDR: 0,46 Hit Ratio: 42% Battles survived: 13,7% Ace tankers: 1 1st class: 21 First and foremost, he has played practically all his games alone. Matches we have played platooning might amount to like a hundred. His stats took a big hit when he got into tier 5-6, but lately, they have gotten into positive curve again. Seems like growing up does some tricks. But take a look at his hit ratio. Even a kid under 7 can hit his targets (some of them moving fast) over one time in three. Compare it to those red/yellow players you’re raging at in your match. Says something about them, doesn’t it? Especially noteworthy is that my then 6 year old kid could even get one ace tanker and getting a 1st class medal is not even a rare occasion. Couple of times, I have even taken him to ESL games when we were lacking a player and to everyone’s surprise, he performed extremely well in his T1 Cunningham. In his best tournament matches, he faced 2 blue players in their T1s on the hill of Himmelsdorf and beat the shit out of them both. You have never seen me more proud. If our enemy would have known who beat them, I am quite sure it would have taken them a while before they logged in to the game again. Had to buy my kid a Matilda BP and a Dicker Max with his share of that tournaments prize money ;) What I am trying to get you people to understand are 3 different things 1. Even the most red players can play well from time to time. WN8 doesn’t tell you everything. 2. Really horrible players can’t even match a 6 year old in skill in average. Some really deserve to be raged. ;) 3. BUT! Young kids are playing this game and there are quite a lot of them as I want to believe that there are not many teens or adults playing worse in average than my beloved offspring. Most of them are sincerely doing their best, but FFS, they are kids. What can you expect from them? They play using 1-2 fingers instead of full WASD. They just learn to observe the battlefield. They LIKE to shoot cars and houses! My 7 year old kid is just learning to read and I am already looking for a mod disabling the private chat. Even if I tried to make it clear in my kid’s nickname that he was born in 2007, it has not been once or even thrice when I have seen a window popping up in his garage with somebody wishing him cancer and telling him to learn to shoot/play. Most of them fall silent after I check their stats and answer that they’re raging against a 7-year old, who performs on average better than them. But still, people. There are kids playing. A lot of them, statistically considered. You don’t wish cancer to a 6-year old random kid, who learns to ride his bike and sometimes falls on the street. Don’t do it here either. As of end note, even 6-year old can really see what WoT is all about. Never has it been harder to contain my laughter when my kid dead seriously is yelling: “Daddy! Why on earth is my team playing this bad? How is it possible that they lose this game! Why they’re not even trying!”

More...