Hello everyone, I usually don’t care about anything that goes on in World of Warplanes, unless it concerns World of Tanks as well. In my opinion, that game is dead and it’s only a matter of time before they pull the proverbial plug on it (by that I don’t mean switching the servers off totally, just cutting the development down to zero). Sometimes, however, interesting things appear on their portal, like this one. As you all probably know, there is no such thing as EU/US supertest. For those who do not know, supertest is a semi-internal Wargaming test server, in which (theoretically) reliable and skilled players participated (with the amount of leaks lately, you can imagine how that really works). There is a completely internal WG test server as well. About year and a half ago, European and American players actually participated in the supertest. It was cancelled after series of leaks (yes, the ones FTR played a major role in). Ever since, the participants of the test were only players from Russian server. For some really weird reason, Larisa Vishnya posted a supertest-themed article on World of Warplanes US blog. I have no idea who that lady is, her title is Lead Supertest Manager, which – considering there is no such thing as US/EU supertest – is probably the most useless position ever. But I assume she works with Russians, no idea what made her write an article on supertest in English in the first place. Anyway, the post was taken down since (lol Wargaming), but can be viewed using Google cache. Alternatively, there is this thread reposting the entire text. Read it, then we will continue. In it, our dear Larisa claims that the supertest participation is voluntary and free. Apart from some stuff like free Warplanes. Hmm… okay. As you can imagine, this post raised some eyebrows (considering the fact that there is no EU/US supertest, so people were asking what the hell is she smoking is she talking about). There is this player called Haswell, who is still apparently a supertester. Imagine that. As I mentioned, the blog post got taken down. After that, a WG staff user “Priolia“, who I assume is the author, appeared in the thread with following post (bold parts designated by me): Hi everyone! Since the blog article reached you after all – which is I believe in not very good idea – I would like to provide some clarification on it. Unfortunately for me and for you as well we do not accept players from EU and NA realms on Supertest anymore. All this have a legal backround and goes to a thing that we are obliged by USA and EU legislation to provide monetary payment to Volunteers. And the whole idea of Supertest has nothing to do with a real job and money. So we have actually stopped the programm for your realm. Those few supertesters that are left from EU and NA are the players who were accepted more than a year ago when we wanted to start a programm and who stayed loyal and showed activity on tests.They share all possibilities with RU supertesters except actual reward in ingame gold. Actually I really love their feedback and I personaly would love you guys to be with us on Supertest, but I cannot go over the legislation issues and put the company under the risk of being sued for violations. I see all your PM-s and I try to reply when I have time but my reply will be nothing more than “Sorry, we do not accept new supertesters from your realm anymore” I am 100% sure that most of you are excellent and experienced virtual pilots and that you could be a great help to us, but … As for RU supertest – we accept players from RU cluster after they put up their applications in Russian on RU forum in a corresponding topic and after they pass the written interview. With all the respect to all of you who are still here So, uh, how does that work? All people are equal, but some are more equal and it’s not a problem if they remain superesters? Well, anyway, I do not care – that’s their fight, but as you can imagine, this explanation is a little strange. I am not an expert in EU labour law, but I am pretty sure that volunteer work wouldn’t be any problem. So, is this explanation bullshit or not? In order to find out, I reached to yet another “insider”, this time a Wargaming employee, connected to supertest. No names of course (as you might have noticed, WG employees do NOT like their names appearing on FTR even if the source info is completely legitimate and non-leaky, which I respect), but I can vouch for the fact that this guy’s info is completely legit. Here’s what he told me: To be honest, I am not really sure. As far as I know there are really European Union legistations that obliges anyone who employs volunteers to actually reward them with whatever (I guess even a chocolate bar would do, as far as volunteer don’t mind). The thing I don’t understands is why western players cannot be ‘rewarded’ in that matter with, for example, gold. Yet again, external tesing manager on Supertest said that another EU legistation requires that all transactions (including virtual currencies) to be mentioned in tax declarations. That, for some reason, does not satisfy WG. Again, that’s what I think and may not be actual reasons behind this weird policy. So, where exactly is the truth? Who knows. Personally, I still believe this all to be the fallout of last year – which, considering there are more leaks at this point than ever before, might seem like a far fetch, but the enmity is there of course (hell, RU supertesters even fight with one another, let alone with EU folks). Another thing of course is the language barrier and the need to coordinate the English speakers with everyone else. It all however comes down to the fact that no matter what, we won’t see the EU/US supertest opened anytime soon (if ever).

More...