Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...single-breath/ Thanks to Mesotronik for this one. RPS (editor Graham Smith) released yet another interview with Wargaming CEO, Big Boss Kislyi. You can read the full version of his answers up there, but there is nothing really groundbreaking in that interview. Short version: - Wargaming is 16 years old - there are cca 90 million of installed copies of WoT worldwide - the amount of WG games installed goes over 100 mil if you count WoWp and Blitz as well - 16 offices all around the world, including Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, East Europe, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine - WG invests in the USA heavily, the offices include San Francisco publishing, Chicago, Seattle and Austin, Texas - in February 2014, a record was broken – 1,1 million RU players played at the same time, which is like 2 percent of the entire Russian male population - in six years, WG grew from 60-80 people to 3500 The part about World of Warplanes is specifically interesting. Viktor Kislyi admits they did things wrong: “We have noticed that just big size, just big financial size in one place does not necessarily guarantee automatic success at the next attempt. I’m talking about World of Warplanes. Something we did wrong, it looks like we spent these months looking for where, analysing the players, what was right, what was wrong, we came up with some explanations and solutions and it’s going to be a couple more months and the game will be quite significantly changed with new cool additions which will fix or address the problems which we have found, but again the good news is that we are still flexible and we cannot meet mistakes and we are eager to correct them.” - when it comes to mobile games, VK talks about the whale economy (SS: remember about that recent economy article? I mentioned it there) and explains how they specifically bar players to spend insane amounts of money on games via the free to win mechanism: even if you want to spend it, there is nothing to buy for that. - there are 17 million Xbox gold subscribers, that can play WoT Xbox, WG “respects Microsoft decision” in this case. Overall, I must say that Big Boss Kislyi is one of my favourite WG employees – for a game developer and CEO, he’s a really cool guy I think – not a stuck-up fucktard like Phil Fish or Derek Smart, or a total beancounter like the Activision guys. For all the morons, fuck-ups and other shit Wargaming had over the years, I think they are headed in reasonable direction.

More...