Hello everyone, after quite some time, we’re going to have a competition. That’s right – and this time, I really have something cool for you, courtesy of the British guys from the Research Squad (Panther Project), specifically Mr.Brian Balkwill. Something about them first then. You can find those guys on their website: http://www.theresearchsquad.com/ As they describe themselves: We are a group who share a common passion towards the preservation and restoration of historical items of interest. Our aim is to professionally document, research and publish studies on significant subjects in a variety of media, for the wider public to enjoy. In addition to the books we publish, this site will contain large amounts of information in the way of galleries, drawings, diagrams and research projects for free use of wider communities. To this end we are also currently working in close co-operation with The Wheatcroft Collection, a privately owned collection of some 200 plus major military and civilian items. Our intention is to publish a series of books on important items within the collection, whilst also working with the collection to raise its public profile via its website. In short, they take things apart and document them and one of those “things” is the mighty Panther. You see, these guys made this wonderful thing: This is the Panther Project DVD. It’s the first part of the series, describing the hull and the drivetrain of the Panther in great detail. You can see a preview of the material on their webpages. It contains really detailed drawings and beautiful photographs of the entire thing. For history enthusiasts, it’s something very, very valuable – unless you happen to be a tank restoration worker, you won’t see the Panther and what makes it “tick” this close anywhere else, not in color and HD anyway. To be quite honest, I was extremely impressed by this DVD. For me as a German tank fan (as you probably noticed), it’s something well worth the price they are asking (25 GBP) – do check their shop section too, they have other interesting stuff as well. Hell, this is my first time advertising some product, because this is probably the first time I ran into something worth advertising. And guess what. I happen to have 18 of these DVD’s in my possession, courtesy of the Research Squad. That’s right! It’s competition time. If you are interested in this awesome DVD, you can now win it for free. Here’s how you can do it. Rules It’s really simple. I will ask a few questions and in order to win, you simply write the answers to the special email: competitionftr@centrum.cz Out of all the people, who answered correctly, I will randomly pick 18 guys (using RNG) and will send them the DVD. The e-mail must (apart from the correct answers) contain the following: - your ingame name and server (for example “Randomplayer, EU”) - your country Please note: if you win, I will need your name and real life shipping address – this is important. The DVD is a physical thing, it needs to be shipped by post. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your name and address with me, well, I respect that, but without it, I can’t send it to you, so there is no need to participate. Making an image of the DVD and sending it electronically is NOT an option obviously. Questions It’s not that hard. 1. At one point, German engineers proposed a close-support direct fire assault gun based on the Panther chassis. What was its name, what was it supposed to be armed with? (Hint: there was more than one, if you know the other one, I will be impressed) 2. The last variant that was actually built (if only partially) of the Panther was the Panther Ausf.F – what were the differences between the Ausf.F and earlier variants? (Hint: the entire variant, not only the hull) What was it armed with? 3. Which countries after the war used the Panther (any of its variants) or considered its use? (even “stored in reserve” counts) – name at least 4 Good luck :)

More...