Hello everyone, Khitan (from EU server I assume) sent me a couple of interesting photos from the August Military Odyssey event in Kent. Like other such historical meetings, this one too had some re-enactments and all that – including some with Panzer III and StuG! Well… okay, not really, but it’s still interesting, check this out. The Universal Carrier (or, in this case, the Bren Carrier) I have no idea what this is actually. Clearly it’s well armed, normally I’d guess something British, but with that star… And a WW1 tank replica. So, this is a Panzer III, right? Wrong. It’s a replica, probably based on some British vehicle. How can you tell – well, two things, really. The first is the shock absorbers at every wheel (even late Panzer III had only two IIRC), but the easiest way to recognize a Panzer III is counting roadwheels. Panzer III (later variants anyway) has six, Panzer IV has eight. This one has only five. If you don’t remember that, just remember that the number of roadwheels is always twice the mark of the vehicle (Panzer 3 x 2 = 6, Panzer 4 x 2 = 8) :) Again the replica Panzer III (this type of mantlet plus the 50mm gun, hmmm… Ausf.M?) with a BMP in the back. A StuG III – or not. Again, a replica (check the roadwheels), probably on the same platform as the previous Panzer III. Very well made though. SdKfz 251 halftrack with a 37mm cannon (yes, that existed, Sdkfz 251/10) – at least that’s what it’s supposed to represent I guess. In reality, it’s almost certainly a Tatra T-810 post-war Czechoslovak copy (nearly every running “German halftrack” is). Two StuG’s (both replicas) and a…. what’s that car? StuG again – reenactment action.

More...