Hello everyone, so, I guess that at this point, you’ve already seen the “IS-6″ video from yesterday. If not, here it is. * * Well, where to start… I mean, the video is terrible. For one, it was made on Russian server, that’s why the IS-6 in it has Russian flag decals and Russian inscriptions saying “Soviet Arctic Explorer” and “Russians don’t give up!” – I am kinda surprised they didn’t put “For Stalin!” or “For Soviet Ukraine!” on them, I am sure that would be recieved well on RU server. The video depicts a “heroic defense” of one IS-6 against several enemy tanks, who are utter retards and can’t get rid of a single IS-6 in the open and so they rush it one by one. The vehicle is depicted as a “killer”, when in reality, despite being noob friendly thanks to its thick armor, the 122mm D-25 is more like mediocre for its tier. I mean, it’s a good tank, but not an OP death machine. The entire comedy is complemented by the awkward “radio chatter”, which is actually quite literally translated from the Russian version and sounds just weird. Actually, it’s this chatter I mind about the entire stupid video the most. You see, we – FTR readers, forum goers – watch the video in the context of knowing what the game is all about. We all know how chaotic random battles are and that, unless you run in a platoon, you can’t expect a helping hand. And yet – imagine you watch the video as an advertisement (which it is of course, the purpose of the video is to sell IS-6) as a new player (or, worse yet, as someone, who did not try WoT yet and considers doing it). Watching this video will give you the impression of some sort of friendly chatter in battle, well-meant jabs and, most of all, COOPERATION. Someone, who saw this video, will come in, expecting some sort of cool, coordinated, friendly battle. The reality is of course quite different and in this, the video is seriously misleading. Yes that’s unfortunately normal these days in advertising, but that does not mean it’s okay. Plus, the entire video is just childish. As such, both the Russian and the European version were recieved with mixed feelings at best. Wargaming, surely you can do better…

More...