Source: http://worldoftanks.ru/ru/news/pc-br...fair_play_wot/ Hello everyone, Russian Wargaming, having learned from its mistakes and started publishing the names of offenders and ban statistics. In the post above, we can read that in the first half of October alone: - 8191 players were punished based on the reports from the ingame complaint system - 2592 players were banned for games rigging (influencing the battle result by having an agreement with the opposing team) random and company games - 1868 botters were banned in last two weeks only WG even made this beautiful picture :) Well, that’s all nice, but I have two things I would like to add to this. First – remember how they told us that there are no bots or that the issue is marginal? Well, 2k banned players in two weeks alone doesn’t seem marginal to me – and that’s just the RU server. EU server decided not to publish any names and such (voluntary decision as Ectar confirmed, not one forced by law), so heaven knows how many botters they ban (if any). Second – the number of punishments, based on complaint system is also important. Strictly speaking, within two weeks, there is NO way all 8k player cases would be checked manually. Looking for swearing is simple enough (open log, look for keywords, found/notfound, kkthxbie), but looking for unfair gameplay is much harder (in order to watch someone blocking someone else, you have to watch a replay, which you don’t have, remember that even in nasty cases like tournament rigging, Wargaming has to request replays from the players). What this means is, at least some players are banned automatically without doublechecking, simply because they recieved numerous reports. This is a very important thing to know (and soon, you will see why). Wargaming claims to combat “false reports” by having an in-house internal “report reputation” system. As it go explained on RU server, basically what happens is that every player has “report reputation”, based on whether the players he reports are actually punished or not. If the “reputation” drops below certain degree, the reports of that players are ignored (or, as WG puts it, he can get punished). Needless to say, this is an utter nonsense (if it’s even true). Consider this: the Unsportsmanlike Behavior (I’ll call it unfair gameplay) is practically impossible to doublecheck, because it includes things like “at 3:45 into battle, player X intentionally blocked me and I died” – is that unfair gameplay? Of course it is. But to prove it you’d have to watch the replay (IF you have it in the first place). So, a player reports the blocking asshole, using the Unsportsmanlike Behavior or whatever. But the asshole does this only once, in that battle. Not only does he get away with it (we all know that as long as we aren’t assholes constantly, we can get away with all sorts of stuff), but the player as a result reduces his report reputation, because the “asshole” was not banned and therefore, the report could have been false (which again cannot be proven). Short version: even IF that report abuse punishment system actually exists (and I have NEVER heard of anyone punished for this), then unless you frivolously spam 10 reports every day on random players, you almost certainly have nothing to fear from it, even if you decide to report people for (for example) simply not liking them. This system would be effective in one specific case: massive clan reports (clan X and clan Y meet in CW/company/SH battle, clan X team reports one specific player of clan Y), but that’s pretty retarded and noone does that anyway (I hope). I can see that this would be noticed by looking into the report log quickly.

More...