Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: Norton Deletes ADU Active Dossier Uploader

Norton Deletes ADU Active Dossier Uploader

Hi can anyone help me find a solution to installing ADU Active Dossier Uploader because my norton deletes it saying it is a virus.

When I upload the Dossier on its own most of the stats do not show so would love to get this working.

Norton Deletes ADU Active Dossier Uploader

Sorry for re posting but you closed my thread because there was a link which was similar but not the same.

That thread stated it was reporting a virus, while I am saying I can not install.

I would have replied to that thread but someone closed it.

Here is thread http://www.vbaddict.net/threads/5072-Norton-Deletes-ADU-Active-Dossier-Uploader

Which means nothing as it does not resolve the problem, the thread just shows that the file is safe nothing else.

Can anyone help me as Norton deletes it as soon as it is downloaded so I can not bypass anything.

Thanks...
    Last edited by UBLDesigns.eu; 2014-11-27 at 17:17. Reason: altered text a little

ADU is not a virus, the thread I linked explained it. ADU does not need to be installed, just execute it.

that is the point, I can not even download it to do anything, as soon as it downloads Norton Firewall deletes it, how do I stop this from happening?

Cannot support you with this, as I don't have any Norton product. I will not suggest you to disable it.

I'm not sure if a solution was ever found to this but I was able to bypass Norton to get ADU to function. It appears Norton deletes this because it essentially is a program that has the potential to be a virus but due to how their system works it has no idea and simply blocks it. When you attempt to open the installer a box pops up saying it was deleted. There is a small Details link you can click. This brings up a page that'll show info about the deleted item. There is another link on here for a Restore option. You can then set Norton to not block ADU from installing.

5/17/2015 4:34:41 PM HTTP filter archive http://www.vbaddict.net/assets/js/ace-extra.min.js HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: E:\Games\World_of_Tanks\ActiveDossierUploader.exe.

Have this happening since today with ESET Nod 32.

MFGrant, thanks for the solution to this.

virus

Every time I have visited your site in the last 2 days my antivirus has blocked the virus Html/framer. You might check into this.

Cannot confirm that.