Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: Cannot upload - The remote name could not be resolved: 'carius.vbaddict.net'

Cannot upload - The remote name could not be resolved: 'carius.vbaddict.net'

Hi all,

For the last few weeks, I cannot upload at all. This used to work OK. I see the error shown below in the log:

3.2.0.4 18:25:50: Trying to connect...
    3.2.0.4 18:25:50: Error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'carius.vbaddict.net'
    3.2.0.4 18:25:50: Offline: Have to stay offline, but will check for connectivity regulary

If I do nslookup, I get:

Name: carius.vbaddict.net
    Address: 148.251.135.43

I thought maybe a temporary issue, but it has been happening for a long time now and never changes. I tried the 'Reset ADU' option but it did not help.

Any thoughts?

It has to be a temporary problem, as this is the primary uploading server.
    There were 2306 successful uploads in the last 5 minutes.

It's definitely not temporary, it has been happening for a long time now and even if I leave it running for days it can never connect. It may be a network issue here, I will keep looking into it and see if I can discover anything.

OK - found the problem - Comodo Internet Security was causing the error message, add as a trusted application and it works. Oddly it did not prompt that it was being blocked, and to be honest I had forgotten that I even installed that software. Hope this helps someone else!