Hello everyone, this video was shared by The_Challenger on his Facebook (strangely enough, not on the World of Tanks Youtube page) – in it, The_Challenger has a look at the Hetzer. * Post by The_Challenger. * I have following things to add to the video: - well, first, that’s not even a Jagdpanzer 38t in Munster, it’s the post-war G-13 (different gun, engine, other smaller things) - at cca 1:04, the TD is incorrectly market, it’s a Marder II, not III - “Hetzer” was not an official name or even soldier used name, but a post-war mix-up according to H.Doyle, not sure why this stuff gets repeated. The “chaser” translation – first time I heard that (usually it’s translated as “agitator”), but I asked a native German speaker and it’s apparently somewhat correct (in the “courser hound” sense) - Panzer 38t was – as far as I know – never designated as a medium tank, it was always a light tank or simply “tank” (Panzerkampfwagen). In Czech service, 38t was known as “Light Tank Model 1938″. - 7,5 PaK 39 was solid, but the gun you are looking at is StuK 40 converted to look like PaK 39 by removing the muzzle brake. So inside, you are actually looking at the post-war modification. - this includes the aiming device and the instrument panel camera shots, those were refitted Swiss devices, not the original German ones (so again, sort of pointless to make a picture of) Overall, it was good – I guess. Why on earth would they make a duplicate video of (much superior) Chieftain’s Hatch video on Jagdpanzer 38t (can be seen here – part 1 and part 2), I have no idea (unlike Challenger, Chieftain actually had a real restored Jagdpanzer 38t to describe along with the original engine. Very, very rare.)

More...