Hello everyone, you might have encountered it as well during prime time on EU server – once again, there are sometimes (short) queues on EU1, which means the server is chock-full, not a common sight these days. However, as WG EU stated before (the Falathi interview), there are no plans for EU3 server. Why is that? Well, the obvious answer is that this amount of players is just temporary and it will go down again, because World of Tanks has reached its peak and it’s likely that the numbers will stay as they are currently (on average) or will start to slowly decline. This is a natural process of any MMO, that is around for a while and World of Tanks are four years old already. Peak amount of players is a good indicator, because for example total amount of accounts includes rerolls, double accounts, “I tried it once 3 years ago but never played” accounts, botter and spammer accounts and other stuff like that. Last year around this time, World of Tanks did set a new world record with 1,114 million players playing simultaneously on RU cluster. The reason for the massive activity on RU server are of course the current winter holidays (orthodox Christmas). So, how does the RU peak look during prime time? Just below a million. That’s good, especially considering the events in Russia this year, which surely made many people think about other things than World of Tanks. But I don’t think these numbers will grow beyond the last year’s record. They even might at one point – but only by very very little. What I mean by all that is: I think that when looking back, early 2014 will be considered the peak of World of Tanks curve and the beginning of stagnation or even decline of World of Tanks, just as 2010 was the peak of World of Warcraft. I could be wrong of course, but I think that 2015 will be the critical year for World of Tanks, a year that (depending on the changes and the state of the game) might actually send the game into stagnation, or actually make it a peak year yet. Please note one thing however: I am talking about players, not about WG income. I completely expect the sale model shifting towards more “milking”, so despite declining peaks, the profit from WoT might only go up (not that it’s going to be published I guess). And what do you think?

More...