Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: Dossier cache path is linking to wrong path

Dossier cache path is linking to wrong path (SOLVED!)

For a long time i've been using active dossier uploader without a problem, however this morning my pc crashed with no big consequences but it seems like something is now wrong with my setting in vbaddict. I get a MS .NET message saying: Can't find a part of the path: G:\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache". I can imagine it cant as it's not in that folder nor has it ever been. The WOT cache dossiers are still on the same place in the user folder but for some reason ADU lost the real folder and for some reason now uses another folder. The log shows following:

3.2.0.5 15:21:59: DEBUG CHANGE SERVER STATUS TO Offline
    3.2.0.5 15:21:59: DEBUG CHANGE STATE TO Ok
    3.2.0.5 15:21:59: Active Dossier Uploader v3.2.0.5
    3.2.0.5 15:21:59: DEBUG CHANGE SERVER STATUS TO Checking
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: DEBUG CHANGE SERVER STATUS TO Online
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: Online: ADU is now working online.
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: DEBUG FILL AND UPLOAD START >>>>>>>>>>>>
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: DEBUG FILL AND UPLOAD ServerCheck False
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: DEBUG FILL START
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: DEBUG OFFLINE CACHE VERIFY START
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: Error: Dossier cache path \Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache does not exist!
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: Initializing mods.xml
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: Cannot find mods.xml
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: ModStatus ATS: True
    3.2.0.5 15:22:00: ModStatus BRR: True

I know in the past the cache path showed the full path where my dossier is located being C:\Users\gts_f_000\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache but the part before \wargaming.net seems to be lost by ADU and I have no clue where ADU gets this folder setting from. I've used the option "reset active dossier uploader" under debug but no success.

Any help is appreciated.

PS
    If i copy the dossier_cache folders to the "new" folder ADU is now looking at ADU seems to function however WOT is offcourse putting the battle results where it should being on the c:\user so ADU isn't updating. So this doesnt solve my problem..
    Last edited by Freemen77.eu; 2015-01-11 at 20:32. Reason: solved the issue

Well, after quite a few hours i just sorted it out. It seems that the crash did more to my system than I noticed. No metro apps were working anymore and quite a few permissions were totally screwed up. I tried recovery from within Windows but no success, encountered an error. Tried fresh recovery yet another error, totally frustrated I just went for a reinstall of win 8.1 of the DVD but encountered the option to do a systemrecovery from DVD...last resort...it worked, everything back to normal including ADU .

Topic can be closed.

Glad to hear you got it solved.

Phalynx...Thank you for a great tool.

I have a troubleshooting issue. For some reason WoT decided to open my dossier and other files (battle results) in the admin user's folder. ADU cannot find the correct path and I cannot select the new/ correct path. Is this fixable or is this a greater issue with my install of WoT.

Thank you again for the help and hard work

You'll need to start ADU also with admin privileges to assign the same permissions as WoT.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

First set of battle results to go up. Looking forward to fully using this awesome website/ tool.

Thanks again.

Ziggy.

PS...folks...look at the post/ response time....amazing! A few customer service organizations could learn something here.

Report back if all is going well after these uploads :>