Hello everyone, this is an intresting issue that I ran into while browsing the old German (and Czechoslovak documents). Not something big, but interesting. You might remember that some time ago, Wargaming changed the names of some vehicles by removing the “dash” – for example, the E-75 turned into E 75, E-100 turned into E 100. The reason for that – well, the alleged reason – was the historicity (as some of the primary sources, such as original documents from WW2, refer to the vehicles without a dash). This was the case of the T-15 light tank as well. At some point, someone (I think it was Yuri Pasholok, but I am not sure) claimed that the T-15 designation was actually T 15, because it came up on some primary documents. Let’s have a look at it, because it’s usually more complicated than that. First, there’s the original T-15 (I’m going to use the dash) blueprint from 1940. In it, the vehicle is designated as T15. No dash, no space. So, that’s how the vehicle was designated then by the Germans? No, not really. At least, not always anyway. Here’s a German report about the same vehicle – this time, with dash. And here is a post-war evaluation report. A space, no dash. The moral of the story is… there is usually no “one” correct way to write a name, even if you were to rely on primary sources along (for example books generally mention the T-15 with dash). Various primary sources do it in various ways, here you have just an example of three of those and all are “correct”.

More...