Hello everyone, the following drawings were posted on Yuri Pasholok’s blog, check it out. Type 120 O-I – the blue line, size comparison with T34 (green) and KV-5 (red). Type 100 O-I – the blue line, in comparison with Soviet T-39 superheavy Type 95 Heavy – the blue line, in comparison with Soviet T-28 For extra lulz – under one of the post, SerB was commenting, asking how they were going to implement it. So I guess we know now what Wargaming is working on for summer, eh? To that end, to find out what’s going on, I contacted Daigensui, who was working on the previous Japanese line with Wargaming. The problem with Japanese heavies is that info on them is notoriously hard to find – Daigensui for example claimed that the scale on Type 120 was off. Additionally, as far as she knows, no new data have been found. That leads me to following conclusions: - since Yuri Pasholok reconstructed the O-I drawing, Wargaming found some new materials on their own. Unlikely (they have been attempting that for years), but theoretically possible. - they just took some very basic known dimensions (my guess: the dimensions of the 150mm O-I gun) and “reconstructed” the rest based on them, which means that the line might not be exactly historical. - tier 10 was already announced by SerB a long time ago, not exactly a well-researched design either. With that being said, I have the feeling that a lot of these vehicles might be… let’s say “reconstructed” by SerB’s Design Bureau in Wargaming. Previously, I assumed Japanese heavies would not be the “secret” third line of 2015 based on what Daigensui said (as her and Soukou are very busy and were not able to find any additional info), but with the willingness of Wargaming to “reconstruct” vehicles (to the point of practically totally inventing them, see how vague the vehicle linked above is drawn and described – I mean, basing tier 10 vehicle on a drawing from Russian achive, that came god knows from where), this of course changes the situation and the Japanese heavy line is the new hot candidate for the third line of 2015. This of course also means writing about these vehicles is impossible, as there is simply too little info to go with. My opinion is that the tier 9 and 10 tanks will almost certainly be 80 percent made up (100 percent if you do not consider a vague Russian report on Japanese heavy tanks based on Japanese hearsay a reliable source). Oh well, at least they look cool.

More...