Before we start – one thing. I have to optimize FTR operation a bit, but I don’t want to sacrifice things I (and you) like, so I’ll sacrifice something I don’t like. From this point onwards, no news on World of Warships will appear on FTR. Based on the things from the alpha test and the last public test, I do not have faith in the game, I do not like ships and I do believe it’s a niche product, that will end up better than WoWp, but not by a lot. Sorry. But there’s some public test again, good luck with it. And now, back to tanks. - it’s possible that there will be new perks, modules and consumables, but it’s not guaranteed they will come this year - no free FV4202 premium? “No comment” - currently, WG is reworking WoT audio under to the “wwise” system, unclear as to what will it mean for WoT players - the spawn point distribution (as in, how vehicles are placed within the spawn area) are chosen so that they are evenly distributed and balanced - the issue with small objects of houses (like porches, stairs) being undestructible – this will be reworked, but not soon (during “complete content overhaul”) - AMX CDC is still being balanced, it’s too early to judge it - WoT will not have a separate subscription-based server - Storm states that the nostalgia after old patches is just the effect of human memory of remembering only good things. The reality, when comparing them to the current state of the game, they suck. Not so long ago, WG was “testing” an old version of the game (6.0 or something), it was terrible. - the issue that the medal for the winter mode (on RU server) is not found in correct medal section will be fixed - it’s unclear whether there will be any second American medium line with T95/T96 (SS: Storm evaded the question) - HD IS-3 will come “when it’s done” - regarding the HD rework of Type 59 and Jagdtiger 88 (and their unhistorical armor), it’s not sure yet what will happen (“we will think how to do it correctly”), the decision was not taken yet - the amount of arty in battles is satisfactory - it’s possible technologies from other WG projects will be implemented into WoT - earlier, multicore support was impossible due to Umbra middleware. This situation has changed. - Storm states he doesn’t play arty, but other WG devs that do a lot (experts) like the Battle Assistant mode - developers have thought about implementing Battle Assistant mode into World of Tanks, but Storm states it would have to come along with an arty nerf, so for now no proper solution was found - Storm openly says that the Battle Assistant mod does give players an advantage in game - some of the solutions for arty (should the Battle Assistant mode be implemented) include showing arty reload timers to players or to designate the sector where the arty is firing from (SS: now that’s just copying Armored Warfare) - three equipment slots are “an axiom” in WG (SS: as in, won’t change) - Storm doesn’t consider the manual enabling of Personal Missions a fail, both manual and automatic enabling have their advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include “informed choice of mission”. There’s not “too much clicking” involved in Storm’s opinion. - IM filters will be reworked - Storm states that the situation where strong clans dominate the stronghold mode is fine – it’s “strongest survives”, otherwise there would be no motivation - there was no promise made that there would be a special mode suitable for weaker clans - artillery accuracy was not “secretly nerfed”, “all the changes are in patchnotes” - it’s not technically possible to set a different accuracy spread for individual tanks - for now, no premium account buffs are planned - there is no info in internal WG plans for better clan management functions - an “extension” of team battles is currently being developed - the next branch to involve “monster tanks” á la Maus will be the Japanese heavies - the render range will be changed to circle soon, WG expects exploiters (who use this for trick shots) to whine - the removal of platoon element in IM’s is not planned for now - it’s possible that tanks with limited MM (FCM 50t) will be removed from the shop - Panzer V/IV rebalance will not come anytime soon - no ETA on HD M6A2E1 premium tank, as “it’s not all up to Wargaming” - very long battles (possibly with PvE element) that the players will be able to join in progress are planned - reconnect mechanism (of a client after a connection loss) will be reworked - Storm cannot publish Stronkhold statistics regarding amounts of clans and the tier of their bases - roaming was cancelled. The reason is the inadequacy of Russian server players, who would abuse it to screw with battles on other servers. There are however also problems not related with RU behavior – mass migrations might harm server stability. - it’s possible that more settings will be introduced to minimap (fonts and such), but no guarantees - there will NOT be skill MM - Storm states that server for 50+ winrate players would not be successful, as players would leave it quickly “due to the increased difficulty of battles” - T95E2 is apparently fine statistically (counting in the fact skilled players have it in their hands), later however Storm states he’ll have a look at it - Q: “WG sucks, everything is bad, WoT sucks and you devs suck!” A: “Shit happens. Don’t overeat in the night, do excercises in the morning and everything’s going to be fine.” - Storm confirms that he is aware of the “too many draws on Swamp map” issue, the map will be reworked. If these changes do not improve the situation, the map will be removed. - Storm states that the amount of team battle players is not dropping, it’s slowly rising actually. There are plans to develop the mode further. - the appearance of FV4202 in 9.6 test (for supertesters) does NOT mean that there will be two FV4202′s at the same time (premium and non-premium), it means that the premium FV4202 will simply be tested for longer time - Czechoslovak branch in WoT: “I cannot say anything. Well, I can, but I can’t.” - 9.7 will bring AMX-30? “That I also cannot say :(” - WG is working on increasing the map size. No details for now, it’s not clear yet to which size and which Continue reading →

More...