Hello everyone, let’s have a quick look at how the “friends” mechanism was reworked in 0.9.6 as a part of the contact list overhaul, because there’s a MAJOR change in the mechanism. As I am sure you all know, in current World of Tanks, having someone in “friends” list is simply done by looking for that person and adding him to your contact list. That is no longer possible – in 0.9.6, this was changed to work as it usually does in social networks. Basically, before someone adds you, you have to approve him – a system message will pop up on the right side of the list with a confirmation, whether you want that person to add you as a friend, or not. You can press either “accept” or “decline” (in this case, I “declined” for test purposes) If you press “accept”, you will appear in their friend’s list and he in yours. I am not quite sure how this will work with your existing contacts, presumably (as can be seen on test) your friend list will just somehow import, as it is on the test. But what if a lot of people have you as their “friend” while you don’t have them? I assume that only contacts that are in both friend lists will somehow merge into new “friendship”. This system has one advantage though – people, who are not in your friend list, will not be able to send you any messages: What this means is that no longer will you get hateful messages (for example when you kill someone with artillery :P) after the battle. What is however NOT solved is that there’s no option to not allow any people to add you, so I am sure that various WoT “celebrities” will have to deal with constant spam of friend invites in system messages.

More...