Hello everyone, as I informed you already, there’s one hot candidate for EU/Czechoslovak premium tank and that is the TVP Concept (previously, I referred to it as TVP Model 1946). Well, as it turns out, it’s not so easy and there are some things that need to be addressed before this is given a green light, so a need for an alternative design for the premium vehicle rose as well, much to my… displeasure (let’s face it, the Concept is pretty much ideal). The demands for the vehicle are as such: - it has to be Czechoslovak, very preferrably original - it has to be a medium tank - can’t be lowtier, has to be roughly tier 5 or higher So, here’s what I came up with as an alternative for the worst case: After the war, the newly restored Czechoslovak army actually used some modded/kitbashed Panzer IV’s under the designation of T-40/75 (or T-40/75N, both were used). I wrote about that actually a long time ago, here – have a look, if you are interested in the history of their service. For game purposes, it means the following: - it’s a Panzer IV Ausf.J with modded Ausf.D turret (with additional spaced armor) - the gun is 75mm L/43 or 75mm L/48 - the engine is either original (300hp HL-120TRM) or modified truck engine Tatra T-928 (180hp or 192hp - Czechoslovak radio and internal modifications - ČKD steering system (more reliable, local production) As you can see, in order to balance the tank properly, there are two options – a “fast” one (original engine, L/43 gun) or “slow” one (modified engine, L/48 gun). The mods, stated above did not happen on one specific vehicle, they rather represent the entire series, as pretty much every T-40/75 was an individual tank (some were normal Panzer IV’s Ausf.H and J, some were kitbashed together) – the Tatra engine mod is a late one (there was one training tank with that engine used as late as 1969). The ČKD steering was just a proposal, refused early on “since the tanks are captured stuff anyway and it won’t be used for long” (it was, as it usually happened). In game terms, my favourite variant is the “slower” one, because it’s more original. This is roughly how it could look: Tier: 5 Crew: 5 (commander, gunner, loader, radioman and driver) Hitpoints: 460 Viewrange: 340 Radio range: 400 Weight: 23 tons Armor (hull): 80/30/20 Armor (turret): 30/20/20 (with 5mm spaced armor) Maximum speed: 38 km/h Engine: Tatra T-928 (180hp or 192hp) Power-to-weight: 7,82 hp/t or 8,34 hp/t Tracks: T-40/75 (34 deg/s) Gun: 75mm L/48 KwK 40 Caliber: 75mm Barrel length: L/48 Penetration: 110/158/38 Damage: 110/110/175 Accuracy: 0,39 Aimtime: 2,3 When it comes to further premium alternatives, there are very few more options. A Czechoslovak T-34/85 (slight visual differences, but basically the same vehicle, we have enough of those), a T-42/75 (Panther, but we have enough of those as well), Shermans of several types including the Firefly (pure clones) or a Cromwell (pure clone as well). I still do think that the TVP Concept is much better option, but we’ll just have to see.

More...