Weather, exclusive maps… why does the Xbox version get all the cool stuff? :) WoT Xbox developers introduced recently a new map, called “Pacific Island” (remember? it was mentioned by the Insider about a week ago) and let me tell you, it actually looks pretty cool. In a rather long developer diary type post, they explained how they actually created the map (based on Corregidor island no less) and I really suggest you read it, it’s interesting. Check this out, this is how the map evolved. Now, tank battles on an island aren’t as outlandish as you might think at first – in fact, they did happen, although they were mostly one-sided, as the Japanese operated tiny tankettes or light tanks and best, while the Americans were using the Shermans, that completely outclassed them. In the end, the map looks something like this: And here are a couple of screenies. You know, I actually like the map. I’d like to have it on PC. What about you? By the way, sort of an offtopic, but maybe you are wondering: how come WoT Xbox gets developer diaries in English and we don’t? Well, the most obvious answer is that WG EU is lazy and doesn’t care. But of course, it’s not that simple – Xbox version developers are Americans and can communicate directly in English, while this is not possible (or so they say) for the Russian developers. Armored Warfare on the other hand will have a HUGE upper hand over Wargaming, as the devs are American as well and can (and do) communicate with the players directly. How terrible…

More...