Hello everyone, the individual missions have been around for a while now. Many players have their StuG IV’s already, some have the T28C, some have the T55A and more than a thousand (on RU server anyway) have Object 260. I am sure many of us noticed the change in gameplay style in randoms, occasional retarded behavior of a player, who wants to complete the mission at all costs and all that. It was to be expected and I am sure Wargaming counted on it. But there’s another really serious side effect the individual missions have, the rigging. Rigging is a process, during which the players on both teams, instead of fighting one another are working together to complete the mission objectives, screwing the rest of the team in the process. The most notorious mission to be rigged (as far as I can tell) is the last mission of the heavy tank series, where a lot of bounced shells is required. The standard rigging process of this mission looks like this: - you take three (or five, works better) friends (clanmates) and form two platoons - you wait until very late in the night for the best chance to appear in the battle together - you coordinate (via Teamspeak for example) it so that both platoon leaders click “battle” at once (simply by counting down on TS). In late night hours when very few players play, the chance to appear in one battle (on the opposite sides, one platoon each side) is very high - you meet on some spot in the battle (preferably without witnesses) and you shoot each other’s tank strongspots (frontal turret, mantlet, spaced armor parts) to accumulate as much “damage saved by armor” as possible. There we go, mission done! Some cases are REALLY obvious (even some players from some “good” clans are not very smart people), but some (where the riggers aren’t all from the same clan), not so much. If you saw the last “rigging” post on FTR, the riggers were punished by Wargaming and by their clan, but that was after the video appeared on FTR – and even then (the video was pretty damning), some people were claiming it was actually not rigging. Check this another example – here, players from clan -BIA- on both sides meet in one section of the map and are “fighting very hard”: * * You can see the players following the patter I wrote about above practically to the letter. Naturally, the riggers were also reported in the game. But did anything happen to them? Were they punished? They were not. SVK_Lovec111 (one of the participants) for example was/is playing even today, according to Noobmeter (and online status) – so clearly, there is no automated system to prevent rigging and reporting via ingame system does not work, as: how many times do the riggers have to be reported for this to work? Because there are rarely more than one or two witnesses to the event, like in the case above. Also, they would have to be completely retarded to actually try to do this TWICE or with many witnesses (once is usually completely enough). Now, you might claim – okay, fuck it, let’s report them via a ticket. Ooops, you can’t do that either: So yea, rigging battles is actually pretty safe, unless you get VERY unlucky and the witness actually has a clue of what’s going on, films the entire thing or makes it somehow public. How many players do you think even know what “rigging” is? Five percent tops would be my guess. The fact that it is unfortunately “safe” and that even if the players get punished, the fines are very low (what’s a week of a ban, nothing, I am not even sure they reset the rigged missions for you). A good example comes from ASIA server, where the amount of rigging by one clan specifically, VPA, has become very, very blatant. WG ASIA is generally quite lax in these matters – you heard the name VPA before, haven’t you? That’s right, they are the same guys that rigged the third CW campaign a month and a half back. Now, they are unsurprisingly back at it again and I recieved literally dozens of mails regarding this issue – it’s clearly a pressing matter for the honest ASIA players and not just some random outlier. Additionally, the 3rd campaign scandal on ASIA has been allegedly swept under the rug – but I don’t know, ASIA clan stuff is not exactly my focus of interest. But given the number of reports, I completely believe the issue with IM rigging is notable. You know what I think? I think that IM rigging is punished strictly on RU (they even publish the names and clans that are guilty of rigging), but on EU and ASIA, nobody gives a flying fuck about it unless a video appears on the web or something. This is not good – and concerns not that much me, as all those players, who got their reward tanks honestly through skill and effort. How will be they regarded, when others got theirs clearly by rigging? The solution would perhaps be to publish the names of players and their punishments, as well as completely ban them from the entire IM system, forever. That sounds like a harsh and yet fitting punishment, don’t you think?

More...