Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: Tokens, issue when running two or more accounts on same PC.

Tokens, issue when running two or more accounts on same PC.

Hi, I went in to ADU Configuration to change the account name, I have two accounts and my friend who often plays on my PC has an account which also uses ADU. I saw the information about Tokens and the box, so I followed the procedure and pasted the token into the box. However I was auto logged in on my other account, so I reclogged in on the account I wanted to play. Then I selected a token for that account and pasted it in the box.

Now I can't upload from my main account, presumably I will need to get a new token for that account and paste it in before VBADDICT will accept uploads from it. Is there a way to stop my accounts using tokens? After all, now I think about it, how will anyone be able to upload my gaming data without having my WoT log in information and then using that in conjunction with the ADU. Now in order to upload data from my main account which is currently giving me a bad token error I need to reset my token. I tried that, but it just opened to the token page for this account. It seems without my original token which I don't know how to recover I am unable to upload any data or even recover my token.

It seems like a rather unnecessary procedure, especially now it is causing this kind of issue. All I want to do is play the game, upload my data to keep on top of my performance and stats and hopefully provide gameplay information about the vehicles and maps etc.

I've just deleted your Token. In ADU, let the token field empty.

Without Token it is possible to upload data via ADU which does not belong to you. The dossier does not have any personal information about you stored, it's just the name of the dossier which tells me which user it belongs to. Renaming a file is very easy, therefore someone could just upload a dossier with your name and mix up your statistics.

This is some kind of extra verification. If you don't want it, don't create a token. I will add a possibility to delete a token the same way you can create a new one.
    Last edited by Phalynx.eu; 2015-02-17 at 15:40.

Thats great, thanks very much.

Would it be possible to use the same token for both my accounts? If so that would probably be the best way for me to use the token system and the security it provides.

Create a token for you account and tell me after this your second account - I will copy the token.