Status Report: Info from Insider meeting with Developers continued from "For the Reco
So here it goes:
- Storm is satisfied with preliminary test server results;
- the introduction of Chinese artillery is completely up to Kongzhong, Wargaming's Chinese partner, as the museums and institutions in China are "uncooperative" with foreigners. Chinese tank destroyers can be introduced even without the Chinese help, but the French and the EU tanks have higher priority (RG: Its known how reluctant china is to share their information with outsiders, take a look at "Jiangsu National Security Education Museum", shown below, for example, foreigners are actually not allowed in, but please China, we want those HD models!);
- average online player numbers in WoWp from NA cluster: 650, EU: 1,000. WG expects the future updates and the changes they will bring to bring back the amount of players to at least 10,000 in order to self sustain the game;
- WoWs team expects starting player base from the beta to be around 8,000 and up to 20,000 "if all goes well",future updates will increase performance (RG: Will make sure to check out those changes, crossing fingers).
WoT for Xbox
- Xbox360 conversion to Xbox One: "its happening", everything will be full HD, migration will occur without incidents and both systems will be compatible, so you can play with your account on either console - of course Xbox one will be much more impressive in graphics;
- the player base from the console version of WoT is a success, it grew considerably after the launch (which actually just turned 1 year old recently);
- one of the most acclaimed features of Xbox Wot is the point of view from the turret of the tank and the fact it has weather system. Developers really want the weather system for PC, but as for the turret camera: "let the modders do that" ( RG: As a PC user I'm jealous of the weather system from Xbox, make it happen!).
- WoT Generals on beta: some people consider it uninteresting and it's true - if played on a computer, you may want to do something else than play a browser game. However once the game launches for cross platform (mobile phones and tablets), the game will be better and the developers expect the main player base to actually come from mobile devices: "a mobile pvp game that's not a facebook zombie app". The game data transfer won't be heavy in cost for mobile internet users - "not beyond sending whatsapp messages, an entire battle may just be under 1MB for mobile users" (RG: Do know someone that got access to the game and been having some fun, if they ace it, its going to be a good casual to play on a mobile while waiting for a appointment or just while stretching the legs on the sofa, definitely will be checking it out!).
- SerB is actually a nice person, internet tends to distort many things from a person and even he takes the role given by the internet as a joke, turns out he's very rational and has a keen sense for marketing and numbers (RG: Also heard he is fun at parties by a trusted WG staff member);
- WG purchased 9 new props for shows or decoration, planes, tanks and scaled versions of boats, one of the planes is being hanged in the cafeteria - also something interesting, one of the props is a 30cm 3D printed custom Star ship, ordered by SerB (RG: hope that was a U.S.S Enterprise, or a Bird-of-Prey, those are badass too!)