Ads displayed for guests and not donating members only. Get ad-free by donating. If you have already donated, please read here.

Thread: Search engine for replays not too accurate?

Search engine for replays not too accurate?

So I've uploaded some replays and set them to be visible to all. Tried to search them using the replay search engine, but they are nowhere to be found. Tried the same with some of the featured replays (the ones made by purple players) and search engines doesn't find them either. Is it some kind of an issue or am I doing something wrong?

Which search engine are you speaking about? This one: http://www.vbaddict.net/replays/ ?

It's showing only 250 replays.

Yup, this one. I use the "Search" tab, choose the T-34 tank, it says it found 161 replays, but mine is not among them.

Your own Replays are all listed here:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/player-repla...30a40191339db2

If a specific Replay is not found there, it has been deleted. See the Storage Policy at the bottom of that page.

I know that I can find my replays in my panel. But I wonder why I cannot find any of them using the general search panel. Because it looks like it is broken, if it doesn't show most of the replays that are on the site. I've read the Storage Policy before and none of the rules apply to any of my replays.

What's wrong then?

How many Replays are you missing? Is the Replay you are uploading available and disappears then?

The search functionality searches just the index of the last 7 days. Technically, you are unable to find some of your replays.

I don't think you really 'get' what I am saying :P

Look, I uploaded some replays, like 2 days ago, which are all found here: http://www.vbaddict.net/player-repla...30a40191339db2
    Then I enter the Replays section of the site, where you can find the replays of all the players. There are various tabs present there like: Overview, Teamplay, Purple's Corner, Multiview, etc. etc. There's also "Search". I click the "Search" tab, and from the available criteria I choose the tank "T-34" and click "Search". The query returns 170ish replays made by various players, I sort them by experience, the first one belongs to a commander named "hesus112", he got 1004 experience in that battle. In my replay, I got 1100+ exp so I should be the first one (which is itself irrelevant) and my replay cannot be found on the whole list. So basically, the search panel doesn't show the replay I've made when I look for ALL of the replays of battles fought in T-34 tank.

Hope I've explained the problem clear enough now.

I know what you were talking about.

There were other filters, not visible to the public, to reduce the server load. Removed them, along with the increase to a max of 750 Replays. Hopefully that is enough for you to see your Replays.

Still, the limit for the 7 days will stay. There are 30.000 Replay uploaded every day to vBAddict - I need to keep the search index small. I've added a text to make that clear.

Okay cool, I just wasn't sure we are clear about what's the issue.

So I've tried it now and I can find my most recent replays (AMX ELC bis and KV-85), still can't find the older ones. But I think I know the reason now. The older replays were loaded separately, without their battle ratings (ADU wasn't running in the background when I played those battles) and I think that's why they are not indexed by the search engine.