Hello everyone, I really, REALLY didn’t want to get into this topic and postponed this article several times already, but I guess the time has come. I didn’t want to do it mostly because I dislike the XVM mod and numbers, but whatever. Anyway, here’s the background: as some of you know, the wot-news.com server (that currently hosts FTR) was made by a Russian player Edrard. Edrard is – amongst other things – the creator of the classical Efficiency Rating system (that XVM uses). Some of you might have noticed that post 8.6, your efficiency rating changed. This is due to the changes made in the formula. Edrard explains: And so it was that with the release of patch 8.6, the artillery, which earlier was ranged from tier 2 to 8 became tier 2 to 10 – and everything would be fine, if the tier 8 artillery suddenly didn’t become tier 10 and not only its tier was changed, but also your account’s old statistics, in which, vehicles tier 8 became vehicles of tier 10. As a result of this, many players had their average tank tier increased. For example, mine (previously 7,65) became 7,77 and I lost 3 points of Efficiency Rating as a result. However, some player’s ER dropped by as much as 10 points. In the beginning, we planned to simply introduce a compensation by re-calculating (compensating) the artillery tiers, so that during the calculation of average artillery tier, tier 10 arties would count as tier 8, while tier 2 arties would stay tier 2. This would certainly do the job and would produce the desired effect, but in the future, it could bring a number of problems, such as: - real average tier would differ from average ER - in the future API from Wargaming, average tier will be calculated and it wouldn’t fit the ER calculation - third-party (side-) developers will have to take the fact into account, which can lead to errors and misunderstandings In the end, after consulting the colleagues and guys from XVM, we decided to implement another solution. We won’t implement the compensation at all, but will re-calculate the rating boundaries. At this moment, they look like this: After the re-calculation, they will change and most likely decrease. Silentstalker: This was posted roughly two weeks ago. Talked to Edrard today and he actually stated the re-calculations are ready and have been passed to the XVM guys. You can thus expect the new system soon (I am sure it will be announced)

More...