Status Report: "Developer Hour" radio stream
here's a transcript from the "developer hour" with Aleksei "Ork" Plotnikov. The topic was "Clanwars 2.0"
- last event for CW 1.0 will have IS-5 as a reward, the amount of players rewarded will be higher than usual
- official detailed news about CW 2.0 should come on Monday
- if all goes well, the CW 2.0 test should be started on 28th of May
- CW 2.0 statistics will be stored separately from other stats
- after the CW 2.0 release, CW 1.0 will be closed
- the development of CW 2.0 started a year ago and took the wishes of players in account
- "artillery strike" and "air strike" consumables will appear in CW 2.0
- the profitability of various provinces depends heavily on various factors, it will start on 100g (tier 6 provinces), 200g (tier 8 provinces) up to 300-500g (tier 10 provinces)
- CW 2.0 will bring the option to upgrade provinces for "influence" - you invest the "influence" currency in order to make the province more profitable
- provinces will be possible to be invaded through "auctions" - the participants of auctions will not know each other's influence bids. The highest bidder will then fight with the province owner.
- it's still not decided which maps will be used for CW 2.0
- CW 2.0 will be a "strategy for clans, a browser game that will allow the clans to receive various benefits
- in CW 2.0 there will be a new type of rating (elo rating), each clan will have their own rating displayed in stats and based on that the quality of the clan will be judged
- instead of stacks of chips there will be divisions. It will be possible to upgrade the divisions.
- there will be an "air recon" consumable that will show you what forces does the opponent have in neighboring territory
- all the upgrades will be paid for with new currency: "influence"
- it will be possible to upgrade the profitability of a province by 10 degrees (in 10 steps)
- if the basic (initial) profitability of a province is 240g per day, it will be possible to upgrade it to 1700g per day. If the basic (initial) profitability is 1000g per day, it will be possible to upgrade it to 2700g per day
- when the CW 2.0 release is nearer, developers will tell us about the CW 2.0 reward tanks and other boons