Hello everyone, Czechoslovak forum section of the EU forums is a neverending source of entertainment, mostly because of the silly flamewars, that take place there. However, sometimes WG employees join the fray and that’s when the real fun starts. Short background: the latest dramathread involves player Biggpete, who started complaining that his medium tank gold shells, which he allegedly bought for gold, were forcibly sold for credits and that he wants his gold, which he “invested”, back. The new Czechout new community organizer Karlie tried to reason with him, but the discussion escallated, with several players starting to act as tough e-lawyers (gotta love those), saying the EULA is not valid because it’s not mutually beneficial, but one-sided and other stuff. Enter YouryBuenaventura, an angry WG customer support employee, who entered the thread with the force of a hurricane and started explaining the situation thus (a translation): “This whole discussion is based on the wrong assumption, that you are “buying” something. To be honest, I haven’t read the whole EULA myself (SS: competent support ftw), but I will bet my shoes that it’s written there somewhere that the whole game is the property of Wargaming, and the players are getting only the temporary possibility to play it. Actually, they are simply “leasing” some parts of it. So it’s not a sale, but a lease. That’s very important to realize. Furthermore, when you talk about investing, I will also use a comparison – this is not a commodity market, more like a Disneyland. Buying ingame MMO currency can be considered about the same “investition” as buying Disneyland tickets. To talk in this situation about a “contract profitable for one side only”, while you are re-validating it every few months and to complain about it afterwards, you must be joking right now? Yes, some of the players did lose on this and we can’t help them in this. That’s how it is, my friends. To repeat this argument over and over, that you can buy lease the ammo again and use it is not needed. And the moral of today’s story is? Don’t hoard premium ammo.” And here’s a screenshot: I mean… the guy is right (at least I agree with him, but then again, I never hoarded ammo), but it does sound an awful lot like one big FUCK YOU. Nothing like kind and supportive employees, eh? Anyway, I don’t think anyone will be getting the gold they spent on gold ammo back. There is a pretty simple reason: for Wargaming, any “compensations” in gold are extremely tedious to make, because gold is the ingame currency purchaseable for real money, so the transaction has to be totally bulletproof for one and second, it will probably be very hard to find out, which shells were bought for gold and which weren’t. Doing this manually is impossible – and automatically? Probably just not worth doing.

More...