Hello everyone, looks like we have found our EU server “rage of the week” (well, at least until regular WG EU weekend event screwup). Basically, what happened: a Polish player is complaining in a rather long thread that Russian teams are joining European ESL competition, while European players are not allowed to play RU ESL. And – because they are better, folks are like “evul commies steelin muh cheezburgr prizes n stuff”. Naturally, the whole thread (along with its several “child” threads) has become a trollfest, with many players claiming Russian bias (that never gets old, does it). Therefore, several minithreads got canned by mods. There was also a separate voting thread, ending… well, obviously, not exactly in favour of Russian participation in EU ESL. Anyway, those who complain also bring up the WoT Pro League rules: A Russian player can only either play in the RU Pro Leauge or the EU Pro Leauge, but not in both. (yea, there is a double typo in official ESL rules, just brilliant) Honestly, I don’t care that much about e-sports and I don’t know, whether those Russian players participate in BOTH leagues, but if you feel like supporting the Europeans (or to oppose them), just go to the abovementioned thread. Personally, I think it would be easier to just… you know, allow everyone to play everywhere.

More...